Some Useful Additional Information –
How to Reach Diu Island-
• Diu hosts an airport which is well connected with few major Indian cities.
• Ahmedabad which is nearly 360 kms is another option from where you can get direct buses to Diu. You can also hire Taxi from here.
• Junagadh (140 kms from Diu) receives trains from different cities and can be a good option to reach Diu by Train.
Places to Visit Nearby-
Diu is splendid for spending a beach-side vacation over a weekend. In case you’ve ample of time, then club few amazing nearby places in your itinerary to make the trip more memorable. The two best nearby places are-
1. Somnath (coastal town nearly 50 kms) is a significant pilgrimage and tourist spot of Gujarat. It is home to first among the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of Shiva. It’s also the holy place where Lord Krishna and his elder brother Baldev left the earth for the heavenly abode.
2. Sasan Gir (National Park nearly 65 kms) spread over 1882.6 sq km is the only place in India to see Asiatic Lions in their natural habitat from an Open Jeep Wild Safari. Gir not just hosts 523 Lions but also 606 different plant species, 39 species of mammals, 37 species of reptiles and over 300 species of birds and more than 2,000 species of insects.
So what are you waiting for ? Pack your bags and rush to Diu ! Tell me your experience in comments or Share with our worldwide community