Macau is one of the best day trips from Hong Kong. This place is a perfect mix of east meeting west. East being the food and culture in this Portuguese influenced town and west being the casinos, that gives it the name of "Vegas of the East" rightly!
Here are my top 8 things to do when in Macau (watch the video for more!)
1. Visit the Senado square for some Portuguese influenced architecture and streets
2. While you are there, eat an egg tart from one of the street side vendors. It is out of the world!
3. Do some property watching in the casinos - my favorite is always The Venetian.
4. Gamble a bit in the casinos if you have budget. Please don't put in too much money.. :D
5. Do Bungee Jumping from the top of Macau tower, because it is one of the highest in the world I hear. It is not for the weak hearted, that much I can tell you!
6. Make most use of the free shuttles. If you plan well, you will not have to pay a penny for your travels in Macau. Most of the casinos have free shuttles that will take you to places. Watch the video to know more about the routes.
7. Visit the A Ma temple - this is where Macau gets its name from. I loved the facade of this temple. Frankly speaking, I am always attracted towards architecture of Chinese and Japanese temples, and this was no exception!
8. Visit the ruins of St. Pauls. to have your heart stolen. It is a gorgeous structure standing right in the middle of the hustle and the bustle. Always surrounded by crowds. Such an attention seeker! :)
Subscribe to my Youtube channel for more fun videos on Indian and South East Asia - new video every week! :)
Channel name - Froogal Fun
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHpCg9YxUi4