I always love to explore new places as it opens my mind to new ideas and increase my appetite to explore the world. Asia is beautiful continent for tourism all over the world. Well, Macao, a city having a blend of Chinese and Portuguese cultures with it's extravagant gambling industry is on my bucket list.
20 things I love about Macao-
1. Cultural village with beautiful palace- I love to explore villages as it depicts the cultural history through local people. As it tops my travel list, I will love to see the statue of Goddess A-Ma and Tianhou palace. The village is blessed with unique architecture with carved marble altar, bell tower and drum tower. Can't wait to see!
2. Let's get closer to Giant Pandas- I have never seen Pandas in my life and always wonder to see them on National Geographic (until now). I was so excited to read about Macau Giant Panda pavilion as it will fulfill my wish to see Kai Kai and Xin Xin, the name chosen which literally means 'Happy'.
3. The Colonial Architecture - I am in love with Neo pastel buildings and meticulously crafted architecture creating harmony. Since, it is a mix of two cultures, a tourist gets a benefit to witness Lisbon style architecture along with shrines to Chinese deities. I would love to feed my Instagram and blogs with these scenic spots. Senado sqaure is one such spots.
4. Macao tower- I am an adventure enthusiast and Macao tower offers everything to feed that adrenaline rush. It also has a revolving restaurant. One can enjoy the spectacular city view along with bungee jump, sky jump, sky walk and tower climb. An exhilarating 75km/hr, controlled 17 sec flight over stunning Macau cityscape, amazing!
5. The Science center- I am a mechanical engineer so how could I resist to see the Sci-Fi things in Macao? The exhibition center has 12 permanent galleries of different themes and 2 galleries for special exhibitions. The interesting interactive exhibits allow visitors to explore science in a hands on way. Are you ready?
6. Historic center of Macao- Made up of 30 buildings and monuments of both Portuguese and Chinese origin, the area consists of mesmerizing architecture, colorful streets and mansions. The ruins of St. Pauls was originally church of Mater Dei. The stunning facade serves as a finest example of universal value with UNESCO world heritage site status.
7. Guia Fortress- Lighthouse always catch the sight of a tourist, I was so happy to know that Macao has one. Situated at the top of Guia hill, it offers sweeping views of the city, yey!
8. The Grand entertainment- Macao is well known for the bright and full of life casino in Cotai. The Venetian Macao and The Parisian Macao are an integrated resorts which offers like everything you want! I have also heard about the most expensive show- The house of dancing water. A melange of stunts and acrobatics in a theater is definitely a treat to eyes.
9. Museums and galleries- Going to these places is surely a memorable experience to know more about the history and culture. Well maintained museums portray both traditional and modern themes which feature the diverse art and culture of city.
10. Food- The best way to get to know the city is through it's food and the blend of culture is a benediction for the foodies around the world. Macao is well known for cuisines and many unique dishes were discovered through blend of spices. I have heard a lot about Portuguese egg tarts with caramelized sugar. The experience is incomplete without having street food and milk pudding. I will also take some almond cookies to munch with evening tea, yumm..!