As positively dramatic as the first day of a New Year sounds, it does rattle a constant ring of a new beginning that must be awesome enough to have its effects last all year. We might not cling on to every New Year resolution, but this one will make you want to run on a hedonic treadmill. Orbit the globe and witness a miracle, let it take on your personality and alter your attitude.
This New Year Tripoto brings you our new segment of awesomeness and here’s a tailored travel timeline for 2017. Checkout best new year destinations in India;
1. Wake up to the mellow waves of Andaman
Waking up in paradise speaks for itself. For all the islanders and beach lovers, Andaman will get you hooked on the mystical beachscapes and spa resorts, and will make your jaw drop this season. How about an early morning dive trip?
2. Wake up on the seamless backwaters of Alleppey
Start your new year by booking a houseboat and float over the mesmerising backwaters after a magical night of scintillating fireworks.
3. Wake up to a blissful morning at the Golden Temple in Amritsar
New year 2015 has to be unusual this time, prepare for the most delightful morning at the Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib). The humbling hymns (Shabad) will immerse you just the way the pool of immortal nectar (Sarovar) melts the temple into glistening gold and the tempting Langar (free food) served hot for everyone is supposedly the best feeling one could ask for.
4. Wake up to the snow-clad hills of Gulmarg
Wake up by the fireplace as served with a delectable cup of cocoa on a beautiful morning at one of Asia’s best skiing destinations.
5. Wake up to the vast stretch of shimmery sand dunes of Thar Desert at Jaisalmer
A royal and majestic, Rajasthani location always manages to get a shout out when it comes to extraordinary places to be in India. A night in a tent by the bonfire against the stark colour of Thar Desert, it is truly magical to have experienced India’s Arabian nights.
6. Wake up to a Reggae blowout at Gokarna
A party after a party! Gokarna has its own nonchalant air to breathe, all you Reggae and hippie stoners are going to love the place for its other-worldly charms and a strong community built among travelers.
7. Wake up to a morning succumbed to peace at Tawang Monastery in Arunachal Pradesh
Take one for the soul this New Year and start your day with perfection and spirituality at the largest Monastery in India. En route Tawang Monastery, the descending slopes will slowly sink you towards the beauty of the Gompa.
8. Wake up to the beauty of massive cliffs at the Varkala Beach
Overlooking the Arabian Sea, the dramatic cliffs at Varkala offer a splendid view and is a paradise for swimmers and backpackers for the morning after in Kerala.
9. Wake up for a stroll on the hilly tracks of Chopta in Uttarakhand
Start the New Year by keeping a fitness regime. Camping, trekking, rock climbing and rappelling, you name it. Chopta is unarguably one of the most popular trek base for travelers in Uttarakhand.
10. Wake up to a hot, rejuvenating cup of tea at Mawlynnong
Experience a nap in thatched cottages, surrounded by green oasis and warm people at Asia’s cleanest village, Mawlynnong.
11. Wake up and go for a swim at the Canacona Beach in Goa
For every teetotaller and party downer, Vagator is completely the wrong option this time. Instead, disappear from the madness and crowd to the southern side of serenity at the Canacona Beach. A perfect place to pass out!
12. Wake up to a breathtaking scenery flourished with greenery at Coonoor
Explore the rolling tea estates and Nilgiri Mountain Railways in the quieter than Ooty hill station, Coonoor. It is also considered as an ideal base for trekking to the Nilgiris.
13. Wake up for an extreme adventure in Ladakh for the Chadar (Frozen River) Trek
Walking on a sheet of ice of the with water cascading rapidly underneath sounds challenging enough. For all the adventure junkies out there, this experience is once in a lifetime opportunity and is considered as one of the most thrilling activities you’ll ever do.
14. Wake up to unveil the hidden at Orchha in Madhya Pradesh
Dotted alongside the Betwa river, the cenotaphs or Chhatris is the symbolizing beauty of Orchha. Appreciate the small things this New Year and wake up to the sound of chirping birds, and click away the heart of India till your heart’s desire.
15. Wake up to the big wild start of the year at Jim Corbett National park
Step up for a haunted journey as you meander through the grasslands of this wildlife sanctuary. Hunt for endangered species and chase the bounded beauty of India’s diverse fauna.