Once a bubbling battleground, Delhi is an aftermath of this mother country’s phenomenally challenging and insatiable push to break and form people as they are today. It’s a concrete jungle reverberating with vernacular and cultural hybrids. As a beautiful conflation of traditions and ethos wrought by various nationalities, it promises to grow on you.
Delhi makes you resilient and challenges your chutzpah at every daring step that one takes in this city. Tripoto has curated a list of 20 reasons why living in Delhi will ruin you (trust us, for good).
1. Because you live in a city that runs simultaneously on two different worlds; the contemporary style of the modern era blended with the grandeur of the medieval.
via (Agrasen ki Baoli and Dlf Promenade)
2. Because being a grand part of the Golden triangle leads to awesome weekend getaways and road trips.
A trip to the pink city or to one of the untainted wonders of the world this weekend, anyone?
3. Because Murthul is just 1.5 hours away, serving the some pocket-friendly and finger-licking food.
4. Because you live in a city made famous by the movies.
5. Because one simply doesn’t get up for a morning walk unless it’s at the Lodhi Garden.
6. Because ‘development models’ don’t always seal the deal. But you will always have Chandni Chowk, Asia’s largest wholesale market to help you through the difficult times.
Take a bonus visit to the sandstone marvel; Red fort, Jama Masjid and Sis Ganj Gurudwara.
7. Because traveling around Delhi is easy due to availability of the variety of modes of public transport.
8. Because the street food in Delhi symbolises the curated culture of India.
9. Because it is the only city in India to have Road signs in four languages. English, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu.
10. Because The Big Chill has made you a cheesecake fanatic.
11. Because you have friends from every cultural background. From Haryaanvis to Manipuris and Kashmiris.
12.Because the largest Hindu Temple in the world is here.
via (Akshardham Temple)
13. Because a Road trip from Delhi to Manali to Leh is simply the right way to do it. Any other route is just plain wrong!
14. Because Delhi University! The rivalry, loyalty and unity are just the fundamentals. Take a name that lives with you forever.
15. Because swear words! You take just too much pride in it.
16. Because the cluttered alleys soon became a fashion hideaway and the best place to splurge on authentic delicacies.
via (Hauz Khas Village)
17. Because ain’t no party like a Delhi party! A plethora of artists perform every year and set a niche for their diverse genres.
18. Because you can run to Nehru Place, Asia’s largest IT hub, for all your computer issues and any other place just doesn’t cut it.
19. Because Terminal 3! Boarding a flight from any other Airport is just dull.
20. Because even if we aren’t participating, the social and political rallies that happen every year unite the best of us, compelling us to raise our convictions and question the society.
Feels like home now, doesn’t it? If you think we have missed out on anything, then drop us your comments below and keep on sharing your travel stories on Tripoto.