The youth of emerging nations are living in confusing times. They finally have all the money, but no time to spend it. They are told to chase credit cards instead of their dreams, and told to dream meaningless dreams of buying meaningless things before you turn 30.
You don’t need a home loan, a pointless promotion or a life insurance policy before you are 30. You need experiences; get lost in the woods, party on a beach with strangers and climb mountains while you still care to. To shake you out of your quarter-life coma, Tripoto has created a list 30 awesome things to put on a list of goals you actually care about. Things to do before you turn 30 :
1. Before you turn 30, take a long solo-trip to somewhere you’ve never been. How about Nepal?
2. Before you turn 30, go to the The Burning Man in Nevada, USA
3. Why not jump-off an Aeroplane in New Zealand before you turn 30?
4. Before you turn 30, volunteer your time and spirit to help animals and create a better world for them.
5. Before you turn 30, spend at least one day of reflection and honesty on the mesmerizing ghats of Varanasi, watching life along the holy Ganga.
6. Before you turn 30, take a week to live a life of abundant sunshine and scarce internet in a simple hut on a faraway beach.
7. Before you turn 30, experience waking up to the sounds of the gibbons and the horn-bills of the splendid Bornean rainforest
8. Before you turn 30, spend a freezing night chasing the best of the Northern Lights in Iceland
9. Before you turn 30, crash at a stranger’s home during your travels. Chose a homestay or couchsurfing over hotels to add another dimension to your journey.
10. Before you turn 30, make sure you visit a place that has emerged from recent violence and tragedy. Visit Rwanda, Cambodia or Bosnia & Herzegovina to let yourself face the limits of inhumanity and appreciate the spirit of defiance and optimism.
11. Before you turn 30, try going silent and ascetic for 10 days at a Vipassana Meditation Center.
12. Before you turn 30, take a night to camp-out under a moonless sky in the wilderness
13. Before you turn 30, visit the Dalai Lama in Dharamshala
14. Before you turn 30, rent a convertible and take a road trip in the USA
15. Before you turn 30, walk on the otherworldly landscape of Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia
16. And witness the magnificence of the Argentinian Patagonia
17. Before you turn 30, travel alone, make friends and be moved to a teary goodbye for someone you’ve known only for a few days.
18. Before you turn 30, go skinny-dipping somewhere pristine and untamed, like Madagascar.
19. Before you turn 30, make sure a witness a truly spectacular sunset and take a truly spectacular picture of it.
20. Before you turn 30, experience infinity in the deserts of Namibia
21. And at the gargantuan Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and Zambia.
22. Before you turn 30, hike up an active volcano in Indonesia
23. And trek up the Inca trail to Machu Pichu in Peru along with friendly alpacas.
24. Before you turn 30, take part in London’s annual World Naked Bike Ride for a chance to let the sun freely shine down on your paling pudenda.
25. Before you turn 30, do something you will probably be a tad too wise for in a few years, like the full-moon party in Koh Phagnan, Thailand
26. Before you turn 30, visit our friends down under on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
27. Before you turn 30, enjoy a homecooked meal in a foreign land with friendly locals who don’t speak much English. Remember to take gifts.
28. Before you turn 30, travel to a place that challenges your beliefs and popular misconceptions. Visit Myanmar, Iran or Eritrea for a dose of reality vs. fiction.
29. Before you turn 30, spend at least a week with those who have less than you to understand and experience true gratitude.
30. Before everything, above all, discover what you truly care about. Before you turn 30, spend your years and your youth to seek adventure and inspiration. That’s what your 20s are for. Go create your own list of things to do before you turn 30.
Inspired to travel? Discover amazing travel stories and itineraries on Tripoto or share your own stories and inspire millions of travelers around the world.