Making engaging films and videos about your travel adventures is often more complex than it seems. But if you pick up the right techniques and skills, you can create video stories that can transport your audience straight to the destination. And what better place to learn how to create a travel film than while you are travelling through the beautiful villages of Dharamshala.
Hosted by Rahul Baghel, a new age filmmaker who has managed to find his niche in an evolving industry, the retreat gives you an opportunity to learn the basics of filmmaking and the space and setting to apply that knowledge. So, whether you are starting from scratch or need to relearn the magic of filmmaking, join this exciting and unique retreat.
What you will love
- Learning about technical equipment, mood-setting and visual storytelling from contemporary filmmaker, Rahul Baghel
- Applying the learnings from the workshop to capture the gorgeous beauty that Dharamshala offers
- Camping in the midst of an idyllic village without distractions
- Guests will stay at Woodscation, luxury tents in Kareri, Dharamshala, on a twin or triple sharing basis. Pets are not allowed at this retreat.
- Find Woodscation on Google Maps here.
- How to reach
Cab: A taxi or cab to the glamping site at Woodscation will take 12+ hours from Delhi.
Bus: A Volvo bus from Majnu ka Tilla or ISBT in Delhi will drop you till the Dharamshala bus stand. From there, take a taxi for Rs 300-500 to Woodscation.
Air: The nearest airport is Gaggal Airport near Kangra, 51km from Woodscation from where a taxi will take around Rs 2500 to the property.
Woodscation is actually a life away from life ..located at a secluded place away from any civilization. A 2 km of easy trek trail will lead to this paradise. Baljeet the owner is a great host and will look after every small request. You can simply gaze at snow capped mountains for hours and do nothing or you can follow a small trail and trek to the sun set point or go for a village walk nearby. I am already planning to visit them soon – Jatin