Hello there, I too am travelling to SIKKIM in the month of October 2019. I am a Solo Traveller as of now. If the Status remains the same, then I will be Hiring a bike from Silliguri. I am hoping to find some company before my trip, like gang of bikers... However, answering your question, The number of days u mentioned are sufficient for NORTH & EAST SIKKIM. Honestly WEST AND SOUTH SIKKIM Does not allure me much. So I will be following the below plan, if same is the case with you, then this might help. North SIKKIM:
3 days - 1st day - Start from Gangtok Early and reach Lachen (overnight stay at Lachen) 2nd Day -
Start very early from Lachen towards Gurudongmar Lake and then back to Lachen and have lunch there. After Lunch move towards LACHUNG (overnight stay at LACHUNG) 3rd day -
Start very early and visit Zero point first and then on way back visit the intermediate attractions (yumthang valley etc.) then by 3 pm, start back to Gangtok. EAST SIKKIM 2 days 1st day -
Start very early (advisable) from Gangtok towards ZULUK (via Tsomgo Lake, Nathula Pass, Nathang Valley, Baba Mandir, Kupup Valley, etc.)
reach ZULUK by 1-2 pm (overnight stay at ZULUK) 2nd day-
Start very early for Lungthung Sunrise point and then leave for Gangtok by 7 am. reach Gangtok by 1-2 pm and start ur journey back towards NJP or Silliguri or Bagdogra and reach by 7-8 pm. The above itinerary will be followed by me. However I am alone as of now and if so THEN I WILL RENT BIKE AND TRAVEL. If I get a group or few people to join Then a Private Vehicle can be hired from Tours and Travels. As of now, I have received quotes from agencies ranging from 47,000 to 64,000 for SOLO and 28,000 for two people. Both of which is overshooting my budget. If travelled on Bike, the cost per individual may come down to 15,000-18,000 Hope I have helped.
Let me tell you first,a week is not enough to explore the vast and astonishing Sikkim.Giving you 7 days Itinerary in short:
1. Reach Gangtok check-in and explore the MG Marg and local area on day 1 and reach out to any authorities in advance or after reaching there for Passes to North Sikkim /Nathula Pass
2. Start early for Lachen and on your way watch seven sisters,Bheem Nala and Kanchenjunga point with beautiful views on your journey.
3.Start around 5 Am for Gurudongmar lake.Visit Chopta Valley and Gurudongmar lake and return to Lachen and then head towards Lachung.
4. On your 4th day visit Lachung's Yumthang Valley known for flowers during Spring, Zero point (Permit Required 3000 each cab) and Hot spring.And return back to Gangtok in evening.
5.Do local sight seeing on your 5th day like Monasteries, Hanuman Took,Ganesh Tok,Tashi view point and all.
6. next day plan for East Sikkim which includes Tsomgo Lake,Nathula Pass , Baba Harbajan Mandir and silk route can also be viewed.
7. Visit Temi Tea Garden,Samdrupste,Char Dham and points in South Sikkim
8. If you have time visit Telling
Yes! since m from Sikkim I can tell you many places to visit there. If you are interested in seeing snow and mountain you must go to North Sikkim and visit the places named lachung, lachen, Yumthang and Gurudongmar.
If you are interested in seenic beauty and interested in heritage then go to West Sikkim like pelling, yuksom, Tashiding.
You can also visit to Tsongmo lake for China - India border and oldest silk route zuluk.