Before independent of Bangladesh, it was ruled by the Buddhist kingdom of Kamarupa and the Pala Empire before passing to the control of the Hindu Sena dynasty in the 9th century. The name of the town may have derived after the establishment of the Goddess Dhakeshvari's temple by Ballal Sena in the 12th century.
The Life of Asia is still shining. Dipankar Srijnan was Chandragarbha born in a royal family in 980 or 982 AD. in the village Vajrayogini of Vikrampur region, Munshigonj, Dhaka in Bangladesh. Dipankar Srijnan, Atish (980-1053) Buddhist scholar, religious preceptor and philosopher, Atisha Dipankar Srijnan has been venerated for nearly 1000 years as an outstanding religious personality in Tibet and Asia countries north of the Himalayas. Atish failed to return home. His mortal Ashes and some personal belongings are still preserved at Nyetang, Tibet. In a twist of history, Atish was forgotten in his birthplace Bengal and South Asia.
A thousand years after his birth, Chandragarbha returned to his birthplace thanks to the friendly people of China who presented some of his mortal Ashes to Bangladesh in 1978. These Ashes are preserved at Dhammarajika Buddhist Temple at Basabo, Dhaka. The friendly people of China also constructed a Mausoleum at his village, Bojrojogini in Bikrampur (Munshiganj).
It's awesome county that was listed by Lonely Planet in 2011 as the "best value destination". Bangladesh's tourist attractions included historical and monuments, resorts, beaches, picnic spots, forests and tribal people, wildlife of various species. Bangladesh offers ample opportunities to tourists for angling, water skiing, river cruising, hiking, rowing, yachting, sea bathing as well as bringing one in close touch with pristine nature.
I believe, this tour would be very helpful and enhance you memories about the Ancient life and experiencing that you are in Ancient City still now.
What to do and where will go visit?
Day 01: Full Day Dhaka Ancient City and Birth Place of Atish Dipankar Srijnan Tour.
- In morning at around 8:30 am my experience English Speaking Guide will come meet with you at Hotel Lobby along with rented private car/micri-van for whole day sightseeing tour.
- 9:00 am depart to discover the Dhaka Ancient City - discover The city area was ruled by the Buddhist kingdom of Kamarupa and the Pala Empire before passing to the control of the Hindu Sena dynasty in the 9th century.
- The name of the town may have derived after the establishment of the Goddess Dhakeshvari's temple by Ballal Sena in the 12th century. Discover the historic Sonargoan, the ancient capital of Bengal of Pre- Moghol time and the most interesting folk art museum which has got a rare collection of folk art and traditional works of ancient Bangladesh. It's 40 km away from Dhaka.
- Back to Dhaka City at 11:30 pm from Dhaka Ancient City and lunch at Chinese restaurant in Dhaka new city.
- After lunch, depart Dhaka city to do discover to recent discovered over 1000 years old the Birth Place and His ruins Buddhist Vihara (Archaeology site) of well known Asian Buddhist Scholar Atish Dipankar Srijnan. Dipankar Srijnan was Chandragarbha born in a royal family in 980 or 982 AD. in the village Vajrayogini of Vikrampur region, Munshigonj, Dhaka in Bangladesh.
- On the way of Bikrompur, half an hours are stop on Burigonga Bridge for snapshot on floating boats and ships on the river of Buriganga and then proceed to Atish Dipankar Birth Place.
- After visit the Birth place of Atish Dipankar, his ruins vihara, archaeological site and village of Vajrayogini back to Dhaka City again and Bangladesh Parliament and enjoy an hour in there and drop off at the Hotel Lobby.
End Tour and see you again.