Here are best places to visit in Andaman & Nicobar Islands
The whole territory has the best places to visit in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, are the place which has beautiful relaxing beaches, tropical forests, tribes, different water sports activities, coral reefs, flora and fauna. The administration has imposed certain restrictions on the Nicobar parts of the islands because the area is mainly reserved for the tribal communities so no one is allowed to enter into the region without taking a entry pass from the authorized department.
Places to visit in Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Andaman & Nicobar Islands has many tourist spot destination which is more popular for their beaches, huge dense forests, activities and landscapes and many more.
Let’s brief you the places you can explore during you visit to Andaman & Nicobar Islands:
1. Port Blair: Port Blair is the capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands which acts as all the entry and exit point of the Islands. There are many places like national monuments, parks, beaches, museums, water sports activities and many more.
2. Cellular Jail: The Cellular Jail, also known as Kala Pani, was a colonial prison located in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India. The prison was known for its brutal conditions, including long hours of manual labor, solitary confinement, and physical and psychological abuse. The Light and Sound uses a combination of lighting, sound effects, and live narration to bring to life the story of the political prisoners who were held at the jail and the struggle for India's freedom from British rule.
3. Chidiya Tapu: It is located about 25 kilometers from Port Blair and is easily accessible by road. Visitors can engage in activities such as snorkeling, bird-watching, and nature walks, or simply relax on the beach and soak in the beautiful scenery.
4. Corbyn's Cove Beach: It is a popular tourist destination located in Port Blair. It is known for its picturesque surroundings, clear waters, and soft, golden sands. The beach is located about 8 kilometers from the city center and is easily accessible by road. Visitors to Corbyn's Cove can enjoy a variety of activities, including swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. The beach is also surrounded by lush green forests, which provide a perfect backdrop for nature walks and picnics.
5. Ross Island: It is a small island located of the coast of Port Blair. The island was once the administrative headquarters of the British colonial government in the region, and today it serves as a popular tourist destination and there are many friendly deer and peacocks.
6. Jolly Buoy Island: It can be reached by boat from Wandoor Beach, which is located about 30 kilometers from Port Blair, the capital city of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The island is open for tourists only on specific days of the week, and the number of visitors allowed on the island is limited to protect the delicate ecosystem. The island is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant coral reefs, which make it a popular spot for snorkeling and scuba diving.
7. Havelock Island: It is a popular tourist destination, the island is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant coral reefs, making it a popular destination for snorkeling, scuba diving, and other water-based activities. The most famous beach on Havelock Island is Radhanagar Beach, which has been ranked as one of the best beaches in Asia by Time magazine. The beach is known for its soft, white sands, crystal-clear waters, and lush tropical surroundings, making it a perfect destination for sunbathing, swimming, and relaxing.
8. Neil Island: The most famous beach on Neil Island is Bharatpur Beach and a popular tourist destination. In addition, there are several other beaches on the island, such as Sitapur Beach and Lakshmanpur Beach, which offer their own unique experiences and stunning scenery.
9. Baratang Island: It is a popular tourist destination located in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India. The island is known for its lush tropical forests, scenic mangrove creeks making it a popular destination for nature lovers and eco-tourists. Baratang Island is also home to several unique geological formations, including the famous Mud Volcano and the Limestone Caves, which are of great scientific and aesthetic interest.
10. Diglipur Island: It is a popular tourist destination located in the North & Middle Andaman. Diglipur Island is also home to the Saddle Peak National Park, which is the highest peak in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. The park is home to a rich and diverse ecosystem, including several species of endemic birds, mammals, and reptiles, as well as lush tropical forests and pristine beaches. The ferry journey to Diglipur Island takes about 6-7 hours, depending on the departure point.
11. Ross and Smith Islands: These are a pair of small, uninhabited islands located in the Diglipur Island of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The two islands are connected by a sandbar, which is visible during low tide, and can be crossed on foot. The island is popular among nature lovers, who come to relax and soak up the sun, or to explore the nearby coral reefs and marine life.
12. Little Andaman: It is a large island located in the southern part of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Little Andaman can be reached by ferry from Port Blair, the journey to Little Andaman takes about 6-7 hours. Little Andaman is also home to several unique attractions, such as the Hut Bay Beach, the Whisper Wave Waterfall, and the Little Andaman Lighthouse, which offer visitors a chance to experience the island's natural beauty and rich cultural heritage.
How to Reach the archipelago ?
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal, and can be reached by two means of transportation, including:
By Flight: The main airport in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is Veer Savarkar International Airport, which is located in Port Blair. Direct flights are available to Port Blair from major cities in India, such as Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Vishakhapatnam and Delhi.
By Ship: There are passenger ships that operate between the mainland and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. These ships depart from cities such as Kolkata, Chennai, and Vishakhapatnam and take approximately 2 to 4 days to reach Port Blair.
Once you reach Port Blair, you can travel to other parts of the islands using local transportation options like buses, ferry, cabs, auto rickshaws and taxis.
Best Time To Travel to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
The best time to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands depends on what you hope to experience during your trip. However, in general, the ideal time to visit is from October to May, when the weather is pleasant and dry.
October to May: This period is considered the best time to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, as the weather is dry and warm, making it ideal for outdoor activities like water sports, beach activities, and trekking. The average temperature during this time ranges between 25°C to 32°C.
June to September: During this period, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands experience monsoon season, with heavy rainfall and high humidity. While the islands are lush and green during this time, it may not be the best time for outdoor activities and some beaches and tourist spots may be closed.
Tips before your Journey starts
Make sure to carry a valid photo proof ID Cards like Aadhar, Voter ID, PAN Card, Driving License or Passport, if any. Follow all the Rules and Regulations and read carefully the Do’s & Don’ts in every place you visit. Carry all the necessary items during your trip like caps, hats, slippers, lotions etc. Photography is restricted in few places of the islands so be aware of that as the Island is totally under Defense Control , if they caught you then may your belongings can be ceased or you may pay the penalty charges.
I hope now you got some ideas to plan about the places you want to visit during your trip to Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Also make sure to book your Andaman Tour Packages by contacting a travel agent for the Andaman and Nicobar Islands can have its benefits like travel agents are knowledgeable about the places and a can make your tour arrangements according to that and they often offer some discounted rates.