Nainital, a splendid hill station situated in the state of Uttarakhand (also known as Uttaranchal) in India and is approximately 2085 meters above the sea level. The hill station is surrounded by mountains from all sides. The most famous mountain is Naina.
Whenever you hear the term Nainital, always remember that it is a place which has been tailor made for tourism and it has always been synonymous to tourism. Why I am saying so is only because of the reason that the footfall of tourists is always on during the whole year and increases in the autumn and winter season.
Nainital has a lot of places for the tourists to discover, the most important of them are:
1. Naina Devi Temple- The temple is one of the places which is a must visit when you are in Nainital as the temple is a place from where one can get a marvelous view of the the hill station and also the lake. The deity in the temple is Naina Devi and is also one of the shakti peeths out of the 64. The temple has also the idols of Goddess Kali and Lord Ganesh.
2. Nainital Lake- The most famous spot of the whole hill station is Naini Lake or Naini Jheel which acts as a lodestone and draws a lot of tourists towards itself. Why this place is famous is because people can take a stroll here or get in the boat to do boating and spend their time looking at the beauty of nature around this lake. It is also a great chance of getting to know about the local people, culture and cuisine, you can get all this information from the man who is rowing the boat. Try to strike a conversation with the people around and surely you will get to know a lot.
3. Mall Road- This road is famous for its shops, hotels and restaurants where you can buy things or spend time enjoying the different cuisines, especially the Tibetan Cuisine. The road is also famous for the hotels, which are the best in the place. Don't miss to take a stroll in the evening when you are free or else if you have less time to spare, just go and do some shopping, eat and come back.
4. Kainchi Dham- The Neem Karoli Temple at Kainchi, about 27 km from Nainital is a newly constructed sparkling structure with a spread out campus housed the idols – Durga, Hanumanji and the Guru Neem Karoli. The place was very clean but the guards were strict – they were objecting to even the slightest whisper. Visit this place to have a meeting with the serenity and silence.
5. Naini Peak- It is the highest peak of the town and offers a scenic view of the whole hill station. The view is so breath taking that once you behold the look into your eyes, it will be hard to forget the moment and one can surely cherish the moment forever.
Two things which were quite odd about the place, which I observed and the other which I got to know from the local school kid was that in Nanital, if you have booked a hotel which is situated quite high and if there is going to be even a little bit of rain, then get ready to welcome the clouds into your room as it is a habit of the clouds to enter the hotels and pour water, it is the most bizarre thing which I noticed about this place. Secondly, what was different about the schools here that students here never get a summer vacation, because the weather is always cool but then there are always extended holidays for the winters, hence this serves as the equalizer.
Once you visit Nainital, it will give you memories which will always reside in your heart and you will always cherish the moments you spent here. It is your choice, visit this place with your family or friends, you are likely to enjoy in both the cases.
In Conclusion, only two words, Visit and Admire.