Cozumel is a hub of history, tourism, and modern culture all mixed into one. Enjoy its fantastic offerings if your cruise stops here.
Things to Do:
- Mayan History
The ruins of Tulum are incredibly well preserved, and deserve a visit. Dive right into the heart of Mayan culture here!
- Shopping Spree
Head to the Plaza del Sol in the center of town to find lovely shops and restaurants. You'll find everything from boutique local stores to high end shops.
- Swim with Dolphins
This unforgettable experience is a must-do when visiting Cozumel! Dolphinaris is one of two places on the island that you can do this.
General Costs of a Cruise
The initial cost of your cruise will depend on several factors. Of course, taking a Caribbean cruise at a busy time such as the holiday season means that it will be more expensive. Also, the type of room that you select will affect your price.
Almost all cruise ships offer either interior rooms (meaning a room with no windows to the outside) or ocean-view rooms (meaning you get a window). Also, you may have the option of selecting a balcony room, or a suite.
If you want a week long cruise in the Caribbean, you may be spending about $650 for an interior room or $800 for an ocean-view room. Check different cruise lines to see which offers the best deal for the most value.
However, don’t forget about other costs that are not included in the initial price. Read the fine print before you pay anything, and see what your cruise line is charging you for taxes or port charges.
While most of the onboard meals and activities are free, there are always tempting offers that will cost extra. Booze, casinos, spa treatments, and excursions on-shore will all cost you extra money. Keep this in mind when planning your budget so as not to be surprised later.
Tips to Enjoy Your Caribbean Cruise
- To save money, try striking out on your own when on shore instead of relying on the cruise’s excursions. Often, a little bit of research will give you enough direction to head onto the island on your own.
- Pack clothes that can be worn on different occasions to save space. For example, that nice dress for an evening out can be reused in a more casual way the next day in the port city.
- Don’t buy photos from the ship’s photographer. Bring your own camera and have a fellow cruise traveler take your picture.
- If you want to hit the spa, do it on a port day. The prices will be cheaper as most people will be gone.
- Prepare for seasickness ahead of time by bringing ginger candy or seasickness remedies. Those you can buy onboard will be expensive.
- Balance the days you spend ashore, and don’t overextend yourself. This is your vacation, so make sure you have time to relax!
- Talk with the ship’s officers and crew. These people travel the world for a living, and often are great sources of information about the places that you’ll visit.
- Find deals and book better cruises. Check websites like CruiseExperts.com, Cruises.com, or CruiseCritic.com to find better deals on reliable cruises. You'll be able to read reviews and find the best cruise for you!
Cruising the Caribbean is a great way to get out of the stuffy winter scene and into some new and vivacious adventures! Spending time in Caribbean island countries will give you the chance to relax, try new things, and enjoy yourself.
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
cruise ship trip from India, cruise ship honeymoon packages India, cruise ship holiday packages in India, cruise tour package in India, cruise vacation packages in India