The internet is buzzing with the apparent new discovered privileges of holding an Indian passport. The country has improved its position from 75 last year to 66 this year in the ranking which is based on the passports’ visa-free score. Opportunities to travel to Visa free countries for Indians have also opened up.
These 9 new rules will make your foreign travel easier than before
- Dependents of less than 18 years of age can now get visa free travel between 15 July to 15 September every year.
- Myanmar and Uzbekistan opened e-visa facility.
- Now you don't need transit visa if you are transiting through international zone of any French airport.
- If you hold entry visa to the US, UK, Japan, Australia, Canada or a Schengen visa, you can get a travel visa on arrival in Oman.
- Now Indian passport holders don’t have to provide an employment proof or explanation letter to visit Japan for a short term.
- Saudi Arabia, which earlier didn't allow solo females to get visa has now changed the policies and women above 25, travelling solo to the country can get tourist visa.
- Zimbabwe is where residents of India will get visa on arrival.
- Israel has reduced its visa fee for Indian nationals from INR 1,700 to 1,100
- Kazakhstan will allow Indian a 72 hour free transit visa if you are travelling with Kazakh airline.
The list is of countries which are part of the United Nations AND territories which are either conflicted or exist in isolation from major governance.
The viral list states that, "The country list is based on the 193 members of United Nations and other six territories which belong to other countries." Few countries don't even have the visa-free/visa-on-arrival policy for Indians.
I hate to burst the bubble but many of those countries actually provide visa on arrival. So basically, the websites have been click-baiting you with their false (not TOO false) titles.
So here is the actual list of Visa free countries for Indians
Jeju Province (South Korea)
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent & Nevis
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
With either restricted zones or no United Nations members, but still remain Visa free countries for Indians
Palestine (just in case)
British Virgin Islands
Belovezhskaya Puschcha National Park
And here is the list where you get visa on arrival, which is as good as the Visa free countries for Indians
After you are done reading the actual 58 countries that allow Indians a visa-free or visa-on-arrival status. Then do check out the,
Wrongly mentioned countries in the list circulating internet about the visa free countries for India, because they sure as hell want Indians to claim a visa before visiting.
Sao Tome & Principe
Turks & Caicos Islands (Visa required as of April 1, 2015)
Frequent searches leading to this page:-
places to visit without passport from india, list of countries indian can travel without passport and visa