Haryanvi HoliHaryana is famous for its kind of holi known as Bhabhi-Devar Holi. Apart from the Dahi Handi, Bhabhi Devar Holi is very popular type of Holi among all the types of Holi celebrated in India.
How To Reach
Book a Package Tour
This secluded township at a distance of 45 km from Delhi is dotted with incredible holiday resorts and accommodations built in typical Rajasthani Style. In this list of places to visit near Delhi within 200 km, Manesar is the most accessible spot on the map. You can visit this place with the whole family on a weekend and spend two lovely days pampering yourself. Spend some much needed time with your family and make the best of your weekend at a luxury resort in Manesar............................................................................................Places to Visit near Delhi Within 300 Kms
These are hills along with the Morni Village. There is not much you can do here except for lazing around and enjoying the beauty of nature. The place is famous as a watchpoint and known for Himalayan flora and fauna. The colorful flowers and migratory birds are a sight to behold all round the year.
Presently the Mehrauli- Badarpur Road, it is a ruined fort that was once a dream of Emperor Ghiyas-ud-din- Tughlaq. He was the founder of the Tughlaq Dynasty and is known to have been a dictator by nature. It was his dream to set up a magnificent fort for himself but fate had something else in store. The fort was made for sure but the emperor could not enjoy his stay there. An old story says that when the fort was being made, the emperor had ordered all masons and workers to work only on this project and nowhere else. This forceful attitude was not liked by Nizamuddin Auliya, a Sufi saint of that time. He cursed the emperor that either the fort will remain unbuilt or will be inhabited by Gujjars. This is absolutely what happened as the Gujjars later took ownership of the fort and started living in that area. Another curse that is said to be the reason of death of the Emperor was when the saint said Dilli Bohut Door. At this time Tughlaq was elsewhere and while returning, his son conspired a murder of his father. The mausoleum of the Emperor is also built here now.
Amrik Sukhdev Dhaba
Build by Sher Shah Suri, Grand Trunk Road is one of the busiest roads of India. National Highway 1 covers a part of GT Road starting from Wagah border(Amritsar) to outer Delhi.Waah Border>> Amritsar>>Jalandhar>> Phagwara>> Ludhiana>>Ambala>>Kurukshetra>>karnal>>Panipat>>Sonepat>>Outer Delhi.This route has lots of food junctions on the way for food lovers. Listed below are some of the best junctions to enjoy ur journey on the way.1.Amrik Sukhdev(Murthal)Murthal is well known for dhabas for a long time. Among the list of dhabas serving delicious food, Amrik Sukhdev tops the charts. Every dish served here is finger-licking. Pudina parantha with paneer and dal makhni is my personal favourite.
Brahma Sarovar Area
2. Brahma Sarovar, ThanesarThere's a certain enigma to this hidden spot, at a short 3 hour distance from Delhi, owing to its presence in the Hindu mythology. Brahma Sarovar is said to be the cradle of civilization since it is believed that Kurukshetra is where Brahma created the universe. The lake presents a breathtaking view of deep daan (ceremony of floating lamps) at night which must not be missed.
sector 17 market
A local market in the Sector 17 of the city of Gurgaon. This place is also lined with the best hotel and holiday resorts as well some very good restaurants. If you have chosen a hotel closeby, do not hesitate tp fill your bags from the market here. This is not a specialized market and thus you get everything here. This incldes clothes, handicrafts, unk jewellery, food and many other things.
Leisure Valley Park
4. Leisure Valley is a popular garden and tourist attraction in Gurgaon and features a musical fountain, rides, restaurants, jogging track and garden. At night, the fountains are illuminated and water flows out in the rhythm of latest songs. This is a perfect hangout for two, more than two or an entire family. You can have full masti. Kids can play all sort of games, elders can have a walk, family can sit together and share eatables, enjoy fountain sitting on carpet green grass. The most interesting thing about this place is that many musical shows and live performance take place in this garden. So if you are planning to visit Gurgaon then check the upcoming event dates and make your experience valuable. *Leisure Valley Park is just in front on Kingdom of dream. You can visit both on same day.
What goes best with beer? Sports! Smaaash is one of the biggest "sports bars" in Delhi/NCR, and it's smashing indeed with a wide variety of food drinks. From bowling alleys, virtual reality, trampoline park, to a lot of simulation games, it has something for everyone. What better way to welcome the new year than playing games with your family and friends.Entry: Rs. 1,000 onwards for oneWhere: Cyber Hub, DLF Cyber City, GurgaonPhone: +91 8588883165Book here.
Pinjore (Yadavindra) Gardens
One of the most talked about and most popular attractions on the suburbs of Gurgaon, this is a perfect Mughal Style Garden. The other name of this place is the Yadavindra Gardens and it is situated on the Lower Sivaliks Range. This is the permanent venue of the Annual Mango Festival and also has a mini zoo and rose gardens. There are beautiful fountains, balcomies, Japanese Gardens, nurseries and paved walkways inside this place. The luscious greenry serves as a perfect place to spend a lazy afternoon. The Pinjore Gardens are also a famous picnic spot too.
This is a holiday resort in the Jhajjar region of Haryana and the best possible place if you want to experience the rustic atmosphere and traditional lifestyles of the Haryanvi people. This is a village themed resort with mud huts as rooms and authentic dining spaces. The rooms are extremely clean and you are sure to have a great experience in spite of them being made with mud. In the dining space, they will serve you with all the tasty Haryana food which is full of flavours and spices. You will not get the tables and chairs you usually sit on but you will have to sit on earthen low tools and eat on low desk like furniture. The ambience is awesome and colourful and you can expect to make a lot of new friends here.
Khaaja Chowk - Mg Road
Just as the name suggests, Khaaja Chowk is popular for its authentic Indian food. Almost everyone reading this realises that after a couple of drinks, the only cuisine that truly satiates a tummy is desi food. With Rajasthani, Mughlai, South Indian, North Indian, etc., this place will ensure that you enter 2017 with a happy stomach.Entry: Rs. 750 onwards for oneWhere: 3rd Floor, Plaza Mall, Opposite Metro Pillar 128, MG Road, GurgaonPhone: 011 33106241Book here.
The Mughal or Yadavindra Gardens at Pinjore lie 22 km from Chandigarh. Inside the gardens lie the Shish Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Jal mahal and Rang Mahal. History: It was created by architect Nawab Fidai Khan during the early reign of his foster brother Aurangzeb. Recently, it has been renamed as 'Yadavindra Garden' in the memory of Maharaja Yadavindra Singh former of the princely state of Patiala.
5. Last but not the least thing that you can enjoy while in Gurgaon I.e Cyber Hub. It’s no secret Cyber Hub is one of Gurgaon’s star players, and it manages to make even Dilliwalas make the drive. As home to over 40 restaurants, including bars, cafes and fast food joints. It is also known as paradise for foodies. It doesn’t matter that you belong to which place you can get your favorite food here easily. If you have ever visit to Gurgaon or want to visit then please let me know by message or comment. I will surely help you about it.
Delhi Jaipur Road
This is an expressway that connects the capital city of Delhi with the Satellite city of Gurgaon. This is also rated as one of the best expressways of the whole country. It is also a part of the famous Golden Quadrilateral Project involving all four megacities of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai. The features that make this expressway worth a special mention are that the whole expressway is under CCTV observation till the Indira Gandhi International Airport. The expressway encompasses of 11 flyovers and 4 toll plazas. Among these four toll plazas, one is the largest in South Asia.
7 Degrees Brauhaus
6. 7 Degrees BrauhausSpecialty: Wheat beer out of their massive temprature controlled brewing vats.Gurgaon and Delhi are fortunate to have an authentic Bavarian Microbrewery & Kitchen right on its doorstep. You can check out the house-full every weekend to see how well we appreciate it.Where: Shop No.310, 311,South Point Mall, Third Floor, DLF Golf Course Road, Sector 53, Gurgaon, Haryana 122011
1. Tilyar LakeTilyar Lake in the city of Rohtak, Haryana is a serene spot for a quick getaway from Delhi. Around 45 kms from the Delhi Border, Tilyar lake is on one of the most pleasant locations where you can spend the entire day lazing around near the lake. The Tilyar Zoo within the lake complex make it an excellent site for bird watching.
4. Manger Lake MineManger Lake Mine/Bhardwaj Lake or Asola Bhatti Lake is the last surviving remnant of what we know as the Delhi Ridge. At the southernmost corner of Delhi, the lake is at the end of the walking trail in the semi-arid sanctuary. This hidden spot can be approached from Tuglaqabad to Surajkund Road.
5. Karna LakeLocated in district Karnal, Karna Lake is a known tourist attraction from where the city derives it name. 'Karna taal' or the Karna Lake is discussed in Indian mythology and folklores time and again. 125kms from Delhi in Uchana, this lake is a perfect spot to move away from the city along the Grand Trunk Road.
KoA - Kitchens of Asia
c) All-oriental classicsBudget - Rs. 2,000 for 2. Address - Shop 106-107, Cyber Hub, DLF Cyber City, Gurugram We recommend staying somewhere in Gurugram only for the second day as the airport is also closer from there.This gets us to an end of a comprehensive weekend itinerary for Delhi/NCR. There is obviously a lot more one can do and explore in this great city, but following this itinerary will ensure you get the most in the least amount of time. Don’t worry, now you need not ask your friends and cousins in Delhi to guide you to the best of places in Delhi, with this we got your back.