Best Time to Visit Katao
Peak Season: Summer (March - June) Katao is situated in North-Sikkim, summers are the best time to visit North-Sikkim as the weather is perfect for sightseeing.
Shoulder Season: Monsoon (July - September) The monsoons, though not ideal, are a good time to visit North-Sikkim.
Off-Season: Winter (November- February) This is the perfect time for skiing and skateboarding in the Katao valley as many enthusiast visit during this period.
Budget for Katao
Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 500 - 700
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 50 - 150
- Public Transport in buses and auto rickshaws: INR 15 - 80
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 50.
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1000 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 800 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 250 - 500
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 200 - 400
- Treks and Hiking packages: INR 1000 and upwards.
For Luxury Travellers: INR 3500 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3500 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 700 and upwards
- Local transport in private taxis: INR 2000 and upwards
- Guided tours: INR 1500 and upwards.