Best Time to Visit Khir Ganga
- Peak Season: The best time to visit Kheer Ganga is in the early part of the year, after February when the snow starts melting the weather is pleasant and conducive for the trek.
- Shoulder Season: If you want to witness snow on the trails, November to February is the ideal time to do the trek.
- Off-season: It is advisable not to visit Kheer Ganga during the monsoon season as the trails can get a bit slippery causing trouble while trekking.
Budget for Khir Ganga
Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 500 - 700
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 50 - 150
- Public Transport in buses and auto rickshaws: INR 15 - 80
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 50.
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1000 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 800 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 250 - 500
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 200 - 400
- Treks and Hiking packages: INR 1000 and upwards.
For Luxury Travellers: INR 3500 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3500 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 700 and upwards
- Local transport in private taxis: INR 2000 and upwards
- Guided tours: INR 1500 and upwards.