Honeymoons are once in a lifetime experience, and therefore they should be spent in such a way that they can truly be cherished for decades to come. So, if you are trying to plan out your honeymoon, it is important that you choose the right place to spend these special days.
In my opinion, Switzerland is the perfect place where one can enjoy their honeymoon period. Here one can witness the magnificent beauty of the nature with the glorious Alps and also enjoy the vibrant energy of city life at Zurich. Switzerland comprises of the most exquisite sceneries and picturesque villages, while being the home to many posh cities and a rich cultural heritage. This charming country provides the perfect backdrop for a honeymoon for all couples.
Few of the top tourist spots couples on a honeymoon should definitely visit in Switzerland are:
1. Bern Clock Tower: This 13th century clock tower provides a unique spectacle to all the visitors. Also known as the Zytglogge, this clock tower has served the city additionally as a civic memorial, prison and a guard tower. It has been the center of urban life in the city. Its 15th-century astronomical clock attracts people from all over the world. This clock tower is one of UNESCO’s World Cultural Heritage sites.
2. Reformation Wall: Also known as the International Monument to the Reformation, this monument honors several prominent events, documents, and individuals of the Protestant Reformation, by depicting them in bas-reliefs and statues.
3. Broken Chair: This 12 meters high monumental wooden sculpture depicts a giant chair which has a broken leg. This structure that stands across the street from the Palace of Nations, represent the opposition to cluster bombs and landmines.
4. Jet d' Eau: One of the biggest Swiss attractions, this is the highest water fountain in the world. This brilliant fountain is visible throughout the city and can be seen even from the air.
5. Trummelbach Glacial waterfalls: It is a series of ten glacier-waterfalls which is concealed inside a mountain in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. This is the world’s only glacier waterfall which is accessible underground, with the help of lifts, tunnels, galleries, platforms and paths.
6. Jungfraujoch: Also known as the Top of Europe, it is a saddle in the Bernese Alps that connects the peaks of Jungfrau and Mönch, at the incredible elevation of about 3,466 meters above the sea level. The view from the Jungfraujoch is absolutely breathtaking. Here one can take a look at striking ice sculptures, sphinx Terence and ice palace as well.
7. Lion Monument: Also known as the Lion of Lucerne, this rock relief commemorates the Swiss Guards who lost their lives during the French revolution in 1972. This is one of the most notable monuments in the world.
8. Kappelbrucke Wooden Bridge: This is an elegant covered wooden footbridge that spans diagonally across the Reuss. One of the most distinctive elements of this bridge is that it contains a number of paintings that are from the 17th century. Kappelbrucke is the world’s oldest truss bridge. Not just that, it is also the oldest covered bridge in Europe. Named after the neighboring St. Peter’s Chapel, this bridge is also known as the Chapel Bridge.
9. Cheese Factory at Engelberg: This is a unique cheese factory, which is situated within the walls of a monastery. Here one can witness cheese being made by hand in interesting and attractive shapes.
10. L'horloge fleurie: This place is also known as the flower clock. It is located on the western side of the Jardin Anglais Park. More than six thousand flowering shrubs and plants adorn the face of this clock. It was created in 1955, as a dedication to nature and as a symbol of the city’s watchmakers. This is the second largest flower clock in the world.
Switzerland is one place where you can find the goodness of nature and the awe-inspiring man-made marvels in equal numbers. This is the perfect place for a honeymoon and you can make the most of your visit to this dreamy destination by booking one of the Honeymoon packages offered by reputed travel agencies specializing in such international tours.