Why did we pick Manipur...
The spell-binding north-eastern states of our country have always called out to our ‘travel soul’. First and foremost, due to their exotic charm of being off the beaten-path. And despite their geographical proximity, they are the perfect representation of India’s sheer diversity.
Our family holiday in Manipur was just that. Our visit to Meghalaya the previous year, had already heightened expectations. And Manipur, did not disappoint, it had all the makings of a Perfect Holiday that was also easy to Plan!
Together with being the birth place of the modern-day Polo, it is also home to the exquisite Ras Leela dance. Manipur is blessed with a unique natural beauty & is the immortalized in history for its storied military past. Yet, there are so may more reasons to visit this ‘Jeweled Land’!
10 Reasons To Visit Manipur
1. Marvel at Loktak – the World’s Only Floating Lake & National Park.
2. Visit the iconic Kangla Fort & reminisce in the grandeur of Manipuri royalty.
3. Wonder at the skilled handiwork of the Andro in the Mutua Heritage Village.
4. Spot the elusive & sacred Sangai, at the Keibul Lamjao National Park.
5. Pay a patriotic homage at the INA Museum & the Khongjom War Memorial.
6. Spend a day exploring the many attractions of the capital – Imphal.
7. Indulge in the rich Manipuri Culture – Dance, Handicraft & Cuisine.
8. Visit Myanmar for a day without a Passport from the border town of Moreh!
9. Day Trips Galore – Singda Dam, Orchidarium, Awunching & Imphal Zoological Park to name a few.
10. Take in the beauty of the Imphal Valley, especially at Ukhrul & Senapati!