Once a bubbling battleground, Delhi is an aftermath of this mother country’s phenomenally challenging and insatiable push to break and form people as they are today. It’s a concrete jungle reverberating with vernacular and cultural hybrids. As a beautiful conflation of traditions and ethos wrought by various nationalities, it promises to grow on you.
Delhi makes you resilient and challenges your chutzpah at every daring step that one takes in this city. Here are 20 reasons why living in Delhi will ruin you (trust us, for good).
1. Because you live in a city that runs simultaneously on two different worlds; the contemporary style of the modern era blended with the grandeur of the medieval.
Credits: Prateek Rungta and DLF Promenade
2. Because being a grand part of the Golden triangle leads to awesome weekend getaways and road trips.
Credit: Dennis Jarvis
A trip to the pink city or to one of the untainted wonders of the world this weekend, anyone?
3. Because Murthul is just 1.5 hours away, serving the some pocket-friendly and finger-licking food.
Credit: Amrik Sukhdev
4. Because you live in a city made famous by the movies.
Credit: Buzz In Town
5. Because one simply doesn’t get up for a morning walk unless it’s at the Lodhi Garden.
Credit: Varun Shiv Kapur
6. Because ‘development models’ don’t always seal the deal. But you will always have Chandni Chowk, Asia’s largest wholesale market to help you through the difficult times.
Credit: Jungle Key
Take a bonus visit to the sandstone marvel; Red fort, Jama Masjid and Sis Ganj Gurudwara.