In the evening on 12th September, we returned by non-AC Sleeper overnight bus by KSRTC to Bangalore (fare 822/- per person).
Apart from above, following can be included in your plan:
* Devil's Kitchen / Guna Caves
* Pillar Rocks - 8 km from bus stand, 3 giant rock pillars
* Kurinjiandavar Temple
* Bear Shola falls - small water fall
* Shembaganur Museum of Natural History - 6 km from bus stand, taxidermy collection, birds, insects (Tuesday closed)
* Wax Museum - near suicide point
* Chettiar Park - 3 km from bus stand, scenic park, swings for kids
* Silver Cascade - waterfall, 8 km from bus stand
* Fun Park - near Fairy waterfall
* Dolphin’s Nose and Echo Point - 8 km from bus stand, trekking route
* Solar Observatory - Silent Valley View
*********** Aside Note ***********
Above is the itinerary as was planned and what you as reader may be interested in. In reality, Karnataka-Tamilnadu Cauvery water riots started on the same day and our bus was cancelled. We tried to find few options with private buses but none was willing to go beyond Hosur in Tamilnadu. Grudgingly we rented room for another day at Hotel Anjay for 1200/-. This was spacious and more comfortable stay, but we didn't have much to do and were little worried.
Next morning we took a shared taxi to Madurai (5 hr), stayed overnight at Madurai, and took early morning train to Bangalore as we were informed that trains were running. Total cost, including detour via Madurai, was 17,100/- for 2 adults and 1 child.