The youth of emerging nations are living in confusing times. They finally have all the money, but no time to spend it. They chase credit cards instead of their dreams, and told to dream meaningless dreams of buying meaningless things.
Before you turn 30, dream a life out of the ordinary and make it happen.
Don't stress about a home loan, a pointless promotion or an expensive life insurance policy before you are 30. What matters now are experiences - get lost in the woods, party on a beach with strangers and climb mountains that take your breath away.
To shake you out of your quarter-life coma, here's a list of 30 awesome things to put on your list of goals you actually care about.
1. Before you turn 30, take a long solo-trip to somewhere you've never been. How about Nepal?
2. Before you turn 30, go to the The Burning Man in Nevada, USA
3. Why not jump-off an aeroplane in New Zealand before you turn 30?
4. Before you turn 30, volunteer your time and spirit to create a better world for animals
5. Before you turn 30, spend at least a day of reflection on the mesmerising ghats of Varanasi, watching life along the holy Ganga.
6. Before you turn 30, take a week to live a life of abundant sunshine (and scarce internet) in a simple hut on a faraway beach.
7. Experience waking up to the sounds of the gibbons and the horn-bills of the splendid Bornean rainforest.
8. Before you turn 30, spend a freezing night chasing the best of the Northern Lights in Iceland.
9. Before you turn 30, try crashing at a stranger's home instead of lounging in a hotel. Choose a homestay or couchsurfing to step out of your comfort zone and add another dimension to your journey.
10. One of the most life-altering experiences you can have before you turn 30 is to visit a place that has emerged from recent violence and tragedy.
11. Before you turn 30, try going silent and ascetic for 10 days at a Vipassana Meditation Centre.
Image Credits: Balint Foldesi
12. Before you turn 30, take a night to camp-out under a moonless sky in the wilderness.
Image Credits: Garret Ward
13. Before you turn 30, visit the Dalai Lama in Dharamshala.
14. Before you turn 30, rent a convertible and take a road trip across the USA.
15. Or walk on the otherworldly landscape of Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia.
Image Credits: Patrick Nouhailler
16. And while you there, take a trip down to witness the majesty of Argentinian Patagonia.
Image Credits: David Becker
Read 'Climbing a glacier in Argentina' by Nutterbugg.
17. Before you turn 30, travel alone, make friends and be moved to a teary goodbye for someone you've known only for a few days.
18. Before you turn 30, go skinny-dipping on a secluded beach.
19. And while you are there make sure a witness a truly spectacular sunset and capture the moment in a truly spectacular photograph.
20. Before you turn 30, experience infinity in the deserts of Namibia.
Image Credits: DIVA007
Image Credits: Carine06
22. Before you turn 30, hike up an active volcano in Indonesia.
Image Credits: Ruths138
23. And trek up the Inca trail to Machu Pichu in Peru.
Image Credits: NeilsPhotography
24. Before you turn 30, take part in London's Annual World Naked Bike Ride for a chance to let the sun freely shine down on your paling pudenda.
Image Credits: Tim Parker
25. Before you turn 30, do something you will probably be a tad too wise for in a few years, like the full-moon party in Koh Phagnan, Thailand.
26. Before you turn 30, visit our friends down under on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
Image Credits: Bruce Tuten
27. Before you turn 30, enjoy a homecooked meal in a foreign land with friendly locals who don't speak much English. Remember to take gifts.
Image Credits: Walter Lim
Image Credits: Marc Veraart
29. Before you turn 30, spend at least a week with those who have less than you to understand and experience true gratitude.
30. Before everything, above all, discover what you truly care about. Before you turn 30, spend your years and your youth seeking adventure and inspiration. That's what your 20s are for. Go create your own list of things to do before you turn 30.