I have lived in San Francisco area for around 2 years and I consider life in this city very beautiful. There are a number of things I really like about San Francisco:
- Geography: There are few places in the world where you can be within a 3-4 hour drive of the beach, woodlands, the desert, or the mountains. I don't think any other major city in the US even comes close to having this level of stunningly beautiful geographic diversity in such close proximity.
- Industry. As a technology-oriented person, San Francisco is obviously the premier city to be in.
- Climate: San Francisco has a pretty amazing, temperate, year-round climate. One of the best in the world, I can say!
- Size: San Francisco is friendly, compact, and approachable, rather than overwhelming, sprawling, or overcrowded. I think this fosters a better sense of community.
- Values: San Francisco's generally liberal and open-minded/individualistic/quality-of-life values really resonate with me.
- Techno. San Francisco has one of the best underground electronic music scenes in the United States. New York's population supports larger events, but San Francisco has a really tight-knit, intimate scene.
Elsewhere in this section, you will see all the places in San Francisco that I recommend you to visit. Among these, Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman's Wharf (pier 39) are a MUST! Please feel free to contact me if you need any information on lodging, boarding and sight-seeing in this beautiful city.