Hi Tripoto family,
I returned from my month long trip in Australia last month. It was purely magical, I can't wait to detail every experience, I want it to come alive through my words. That I'll do sooner or later.
I put together a simple yet important checklist or to do list for a friend who is visiting Melbourne in May, I thought I'll share the same with you.
Places to visit within city via train and tram.
1. Circle tram, maroon colour (free). Takes you around the city with announcements. You can get off at any place that interests you. Starts at flinders st.
2. Seaworld, people who love sea creatures are in for a mighty treat, approximately $40 entry.
3. Yarra river, you can sit all by yourself watching the most beautiful scenery or take the cruise for an 1 hour. You’ll see boats inquire there.
4. ACMI – National museum of film, video games and digital culture. MUST VISIT - and its free
5. Docklands, it is magical. In docklands there is the Spirit of Australia dinner cruise.
6. Eureka tower
7. Melbourne zoo. MUST VISIT approx. $45, totally worth it. It is one of the best zoos in the world.
8. If you like history. Shrine of remembrance, Melbourne state library and Melbourne museum.
9. Watch a movie in gold class chadstone shopping center. It’s a wonderful experience, you will feel like a queen/king. I think $40
10. St. kilda’s beach. I love this beach, the food is expensive around that area so skip eating there.
11. Tulip garden.
1) Great ocean road. Inquire tour packages because it’s about 4 hours. May have public transport. May. MUST VISIT. Must visit. Must visit.
2) Philip island. 2 hours. MUST VISIT. (Penguine parade $100 I think)
3) Puffing billy steam engine. Expensive $150
4) Lakes entrance.
5) Arthur’s seat.
6) Nobbies. MUST VISIT
7) Loch Ard Gorge. MUST VISIT
8) Mt. Buller
I'll just post some pics and they'll speak for themself.
1) Mikey card at any metro station. Can use it for trains and trams. For a week $50 is more than enough. $7 a day if you roam throughout the day.
2) Carry a jacket at all times. You cannot trust Melbourne weather
3) Magpie pie in the park some time chase you, they peck you on the head. So cap is good. So stay safe in the parks.
Egg is vegetarian.
If I have to select top three then it is this
Great ocean road
You can go wine tasting too, it’s pretty common.
The cemetery is beautiful, it looks like a gigantic garden.
On and average keep $50 for transport and food. May cost less but better to average it out. Some places need entry tickets so it’s approx $50 or less. Accommodation would cost you $50 minimum per day via Airbnb
P.S – I will be narrated every experience in detail, so wait out for new posts. I’m uploading a few pictures from my trip, it might convince you to just go for it without even reading my future posts.