Our trip to Sydney was for the Rotary 2014 International Convention which happened to coincide with my birthday.
We took the Manila – Kuala Lumpur – Sydney route via AirAsia. I am a usual flight snoozer but being out of Asia for the first time kept me awake all the way. The Indonesia – Australia pass was a long journey but the moment the next land mass was at sight, I was caught in awe… I startled hubby of the reddish landscape down under, I thought I was out of earth for a while. LOL.
After a long 9-hour ride, we finally touched-down. It was already 7pm and tummy was ravening out of control, even forgot it was the eve of my birthday. We saw a McDo store at the arrival where we had our first Aussie chew. Can’t help myself from comparing our local price with theirs, about 3 times more. Well…
After our quick bite, we joined the other arriving participants being welcomed by the Rotarian ushers. Then right outside the arrival area, another welcome billboard greeted us. I was a proud Rotarian then and can’t wait for tomorrow and the rest of the days…
Our actual trip minus the in-between convention programs as follows:
- Touchdown Sydney (Kingsford Smith ) Airport
- Attended the 2014 Rotary International Convention opening ceremonies at Allphones Arena, Sydney Olympic Park
- Watched Vivid Sidney – Light Show at Circular Quay
- Morning Stroll around Circular Quay – The Sydney Opera House
- Wandered around Manly Beach
For the rest of the story, visit: