By Bus : From Naples , there are buses or shuttles that you can take to reach to Positano. For Buses you must reach Naples before 5 pm. If you miss the bus because of flight delays , you will have to arrange for your stay in Naples. The other option is to book for shared shuttle. There are many companies who offer this service – one of the option is this.
Money Saving Tips:
1) Visiting the Amalfi coast on a budget takes planning and a bit more effort . Here are few money saving tips.
2) I will not sugar coat this – Amalfi is expensive. If you want to save some money on accommodation, I will suggest to make Sorrento as your “Base Camp”. You can explore Amalfi by taking day trip.
3) If you still wish to stay in Amalfi area ,consider BnBs over ocean front villas.
4)Travelling in shoulder seasons will definitely save you some money.
5) You must have seen those rise of twinkling lights on the coastline with a sunset on background kind of photos of Amalfi, that comes with a price. The sunset cruises that claim to show you the beauty of Amalfi coastline from the sea are very expensive. A little cheaper version of similar experience is to take last to and fro ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento. Ofcourse this is not an exclusive experience as you will have fellow passengers, but hey – this will save you some money.
6) Rather enjoying dine and wine in an expensive restaurant with a view , you can buy Pizza / sandwiches from a local deli and wine from any supermarket and have similar experience in your BnB.
7) To save money on transportation , you can take advantage of SITA bus, a hop-on, hop-off tourist bus service that runs along the coast. A 24 hours bus pass costs 8 Euros. However , if time is limited – I will not suggest to opt for this option as at times the bus does not follow the schedule and you might be kept waiting for hours.