After reading so many wonderful experiences of travelers about Turkey, it was finally that we decided to go to this cultural, beautiful and amazing country which have behold many things in itself, Turkey as many of us know is the only country which connects two continents (Europe & Asia) and this itself is the reason one should visit this place.
Backpacking in Turkey is really very easy as there was many backpackers hostels, though we chose to stay through Airbnb, which was our first experience and turned out to be amazing one. The 8 day Turkey trip turned out to be our most memorable one.
We divided our trip with 4 days in Istanbul, which is mostly sufficient to cover most of its sights, covering the mosques visit, palace visit, bosphorus cruise & a short trip to Princess Island.
The next 4 days we divided for going to Selcuk, visiting the ruins of Ephesus, Sirince Village and tasting their amazing wines, a day long trip to Pamukkale & Hierapolis which is also a world heritage site, and lastly a short trip to amazing Bodrum (a must to go while you plan for Turkey).
Tips for travelers:
- While visiting mosque, a proper clothing is necessary, females should wear scarf, shoulders should be covered and no shorts, for males no shorts are allowed inside mosque.
- You get museum pass for 85 TL, which is best way for visiting museums & historical places all over Istanbul , it not only save time but also cost.
- Try not getting scammed, though haven't faced it our self but read there our some "Let me get you a drink" scam going around Istanbul.
- There are plenty of Money exchange in Istanbul the best one was Doviz, which gives best price, try not to exchange in sultanahmet , but in Taksim, also couldn't find money exchange office in Selcuk since its a small town, so its better to exchange in Istanbul.
- Though Grand bazaar is must a visit, but yet we found it bit costly while compared to markets in Selcuk, which have beautiful souvenirs at cheaper price.
- Best way to travel in Istanbul is through public transport, its best to take a Istanbul kart, one card can be used for multiple people, & is the cheapest way to move around.
- In Turkey, it will cost you 1 TL for using Public washroom.
So Guys don't wait just backpack and go!