Me & My husband, we are frequent backpackers. We love to travel & explore new places together.
After travelling extensively to the North as well as Western region. We thought to explore beautiful & ecstatic Andaman Beaches. We planned our itinerary in the month of April after making a thorough search about the whereabouts, places, water sport activities from Internet and other sources available. We tipped down to Port Blair airport as we boarded our flight from New Delhi.
Port Blair-Capital of Andamans & beautiful small city.
Once we were at the Port Blair & we have checked into our hotel. We started with this small city and we had spend only one day here seeking the best options available to move around. This city offers multiple places of interested which I would like to share like-
- Cellular Jail- One of the historic monument of India. One should surely not miss it, as it depicts how our freedom fighters had to struggle during the pre independence days. Its a must visit, where one gets an opportunity to learn that it was such a hard earned independence.
- Ross Islands- Very few people know that on the backyard of Ross Islands one can find an amazing few of beach shore. Completely green & blue, it offers an amazing die hard view of the nature's beauty at the best.
- Wandoor Beach- Its a must visit place for ones who have love for corals. One is advised to carry eatables along with as there is hardly anything available except for coconuts.
- Corbyne Cove
- Anthropological Meuse um
- Fishery Meuseum
From Port Blair to Havelock in Cruise
Havelock was another beautiful place to explore, we had an opportunity to explore two beautiful beaches, Elephant Beach & Radhanagar beach.
- If you are interested in doing water sport activities, you can do it in Elephant beach, It offers multiple sport activities like banana ride, ride through glass bottom boat for elderly & kids, sofa ride, snorkelling, sea walking, scuba diving. They were available at as high as Rs 600.
PS- If you are interested in Scuba Diving. There will be multiple clubs offering the same at soaringly high prices. But after exploring this place for a good time. We selected the one named Discover club where we did scuba diving for as cheap as Rs 2300 per person which included photography as well as video making.
- Radhanagar Beach- Its the most beautiful & quiet beach at the Havelocks. Its really amazing. At Radhanagar itself one can hire scooty/bike/car for travelling or local site seeing.
Best part of Havelock was there was no Internet connectivity. And we were really at peace less phone calls, no internet, no chit chatting.
From Havelocks to Neil Islands
There are regular ferry to Neil Island. And the other way to reach Neil Island is in cruise such as Makruzz, Coastal Cruise and Express Bhagya. They are very fast and takes around 90 minutes to reach Neil Island from Port Blair and around 60 Minutes from Havelock Island. Its a beautiful place and offers sport activities. There are few stay options available at Neil, so one has to make arrangements accordingly and pre booking.
We cannot mince down our experiences & feelings in mere words. The pictures & beauty says it all !