Being a vegetarian and a person who did not know anything mandarin, I never though I could survive Beijing for 2 weeks!!! But overall it was a pleasant journey at negative degree temperatures and chill and thankfully no smog. Few tips:
1. Do not be too choosy on Indian cuisine; you have lot of italian and other options available
2. Keep your hotel address written in "Chinese" in a printed paper if you are taking cab; same applies to any place in case of cab commute.
3. Subway is the cheapest and most effective option.
4. Bill in Chinese is 'fapio'.. remember this word across trip.
5. Rarely anyone will know English. Believe in "language of the worlds" and try symbol language.
6. If you get lost don't worry, subway is around somewhere.,
7. Have tons of those fresh yoghurts near lama temple.. sweetest ever i have ever ever tasted.
8. It is a BIG, BEAUTIFUL city.. :)
Sun 08 14 16, 10:17 · Reply · Report
Want to book a similar trip?
Your trip will be organised by our travel partners. Tripoto is not liable for the bookings made.*