Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking + Chitwan National Park Activites with Family
Short Description: Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking is a short but fantastic experience of trekking with family in the lap of the Annapurna-Machhapuchhre Peaks. It is glorified by the magnificent view of sunrise and sunset from the Poon Hill, 3210 meters above the sea level. The view of panoramic mountain range that includes Dhaulagiri (8167 m), Annapurna I (8091 m), Annapurna South (7129 m), Machhapuchhre (6997 m) - a native name for Fishtail, is breathtaking. The best part in this trek is when you climb up the Poon Hill and the sun finally peeps out of the peaks, it’s not just mountains that you’ll see; it’s the color that the rising sun paints over them. It’s a once in a lifetime experience to be in such a place. The wildlife activities in Chitwan National Park will experience you to encounter with one horn rhino, crocodile, royal Bengal tiger, deer and many other spices of wildlife and birds.
Day 01: Arrival in Tribhuwan International Airport at Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Our office representative will be waiting outside of the terminal hall of Tribhuwan Internation Airport upon your arrival. Warm welcome and then drive to Hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara by Tourist Bus. 6-7 hours. Sightseeing and boating in Fewa lake. Overnight at Guest House
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Tikhedhunga (1540m). 5 hours. Overnight at Guest House
Today, we fly to Pokhara (25 minutes) and then drive to Nayapul from Pokhara airport which is around 1.30 hours. The trekking begins after we reach Nayapul (1070m). You will have an easy walk to Tikhe Dhunga (1540m) which will take around 3 hours. You will see the village settlements, shops and small market places on the way. This will be a different but enjoyable observation.
Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani (2840m). 6 to 7 hours. Overnight at Guest House
We move on towards the steep climb to Ulleri, a large Magar village at an altitude of 2,070m. The trail ascends more gently from this point, through fine forests of oak and rhododendrons towards Banthanti at 2,250m. Then we trek towards Nangethanti at 2,460m. After an hour walk we arrive at Ghorepani (2,840m).
Day 05: Hike Poonhill in the early morning and Trek to Tadapani (2685m). 6-7 hours. Overnight at Guest House
We hike Poonhill (3210m) in the early morning for one of the best views of Mt. Annapurna south, Dhaulagiri and including Virgin peak Mt. Fish tail with best sunrise view. Then we back to guest house and after breakfast our trek start to go Tadapani via Duerali and Banthanti.
Day 06: Trek to Ghandruk (1970m). 3 hours. Overnight at Guest House
From Tadapani the trail descends through forests to Ghandruk, a village of Gurung people, one of the ethnic groups of Nepal. They have their own dialect, culture, costume, and life style. We reach Ghandruk by lunch time and after lunch we go to explore Ghandruk village and museum in the afternoon.
Day 07: Trek to Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara. 5 hours Overnight at Hotel
Today we begin our journey, from Ghandruk offering easy walking all downhill to Nayapul, we then drive to Pokhara. You can short sightseeing in Pokhara .
Day 08: Drive to Sauraha for Chitwan National Park by Private Vehicle.
- Served welcome drinks, brief the program, check in the Room and refresh
- Village Tour and Sun set view
-Tharu culture dance program
Day 09: Chitwan
- Wake up
- Canoeing and jungle walk
- Visit Elephant breeding centre
- Elephant bathing
- Elephant back safari
Bird watching and Drive back to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus. Transfer to Hotel.
Day 11: Transfer to Tribhuwan International Airport for your onward destination.
The cost for above mentioned program starts from US $ 725.00 per person.
Following services are included in the price:
- All grounded transportation by private vehicle and Tourist bus.
- 2 night hotel accommodation on BB plan in Kathmandu.
- 1 night hotel accommodation on BB plan in Pokhara.
- A highly experience well trained government license holder trekking guide, 2 porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their meal, accommodation, salary, insurance and equipment.
- Your Meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) and accommodations during the trekking and Pokhara.
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Pokhara with domestic airport taxes.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit and TIMs card (Trekkers information management system).
- Duffle bag, Sleeping bag, Down Jacket and walking poles (if needed)
- Meals with hot drink and accommodation in Chitwan
- All necessary entry fees for Chitwan National Park
- All jungle activities with nature guide as per program
- Fresh local fruit during the trekking.
- Annapurna trekking map
- First aid medical kit.
- All government taxes.
Following services are not included in the price:
- Meals in Kathmandu apart from breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International flight tickets to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, which can be easily obtained at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu upon your arrival.
- Your personal first aid kit, equipments, donation to schools and items of personal nature.
- All kinds of drinks (Mineral Water/Coke/Tea/Coffer and alcoholic beverage) except hot drinks in Chitwan
- Tips for field staff (Tipping is expected)
For more information and programs, please contact us or our official website: http://www.nepalgatewaytrekking.com