Each time i travel, i prefer somewhere i have never before and explore at least a place off the grid. It was time for another vacation and i got to know about Indonesia's visa exemption thing, that was it. My next destination was set. Initially anywhere on Indonesia was my plan yet finally after a lot of search and planning i ended up with the most popular island Bali with its bountiful surrounding islands. But here i went places beyond bali which made it more inviting for me. Believe me its worth it !!
Unlike my previous travels, this time i had my itinerary planned and hotels booked before starting. had our flight from bhubaneswar to bali via kuala lampur.
Sharing some tips:
1. we went all the places on our own hiring scooters. u can do so. it will save u money and help u move freely without any time limit.
2. easy to buy a local sim card and navigate through google maps.
3. u need to wear a sarong to enter most of the temples in bali. at some places its available for free, others you have to rent so its better to carry one.
4. all around bali u will find 2 pin sockets so you need a 2 pin extender to charge ur things. make sure to buy one on the mainland.
5. carry a good sunscreen and hat else get ready for a good tan
6. Its always better to book ur to and fro from the same ferry operator. we didn't so sharing it here. They pick u up from ur hotel.
7. to get into the boat u will have to get down in water till knee length so its better to wear shorts than get wet.
8. respect the culture and beauty of the place n enjoy !