As the rains started to drench our roads and our souls, vacation planning is in full swing – with family, friends, solo backpacking or romantic getaways. No matter who is your companion a book will always serve the purpose of a true partner. In the words of Stephen King “Books are a uniquely portable Magic” and thus wherever you are heading one book or the other will guide your path. I would suggest the books based on my experiences and it has nothing to do with the chronological order here. I would try to correlate the books based on the type of traveler.
1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert – For a mere casual traveler, it will serve as a dose of smile and amusement. It helps to understand why travelling is not a luxury , it must be a priority in everyone’s life.
2. The Life of Pi by Yann Martel – If you are an adrenaline junkie you could not miss this. The adventure of a guy in a boat with a tiger is worth your time in travel.
3. The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane – If you are a thrill seeker you will drool for this book where the hero traverses through all kinds of wilderness.
4. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed – There is a group of traveler who are termed as Escapists who run from the fear of failure, disappointments and heartbreaks. This book not only helps them in soothing their souls but also helps build confidence in them in understanding the little things in life.
5. The Dark Tourist by Dom Joly – The “Collector “ group of travellers as they are termed loves to get uncommon experience wherever they travel. This book provides them with ultimate pills of uncertainity. The destinations covered in this book is very eccentric from normal minds.
6. The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley – The travelers who travel for Self improvement or inner enlightenment should try this piece of excellence.
7. Girls Who Travel by Nicole Trilivas – The genuinely curious travelers who try to imbibe everything wherever they move.
I hope you all can identify yourselves in it. Doesn’t matter if you can’t, go ahead and pick any book which you love and I guarantee you it will serve the purpose.