Chikmagalur is definately an underrated destination.There is so much this place has to offer. You just have to be there to experience it first hand.I know Coorg has been promoted as the scotland of India. But this place is not less than Coorg.
Things one should keep in mind for this road trip
1. Total kms covered: 900kms
2. Jio and BSNL works well in the interiors.
3. Don't just stroll, explore it.
4.I'll give full overview of the entire Kudremukh trek in other post.
5. Roads to some of the plantation homestay are not in good condition.
6. Some middle patch of road to Halebidu was not in good condition.
7. Use plastic money wherever possible, because you might need cash at most of the places. Less number of ATMs.
If you like my post, please do comment on it and let me know. Your inputs are always welcomed.
Follow me on intagram: strollingmiles