The day was june the 5th, when i along with my brother and his friend started for savandurga. We left by 10 am and reached there by 12pm. The route is very confusing. Google maps , information provided by the locals are very helpful in order to reach savandurga. We also came across Manchanabele reservoir, the very site of it is serene, when you see the water, the forest, the rocks and all in abundance.
After 15-20 minutes from crossing the reservoir we could see the monolith and the site made us happy(the feeling you get when you get what you aim for). So after driving a for few more time, here we were at the starting point of the trek. It might seem easy in the photos but when you actually take it its not. You have to be careful while trekking your way to the top. i slipped once but thankfully nothing happened. There are points from where if you fall there is nothing to hold on. So you have to be particular while trekking.
The yellow marking placed along the trail are helpful as they guide safely up to the peak.
We stopped twice on our way to the top. As we moved up the Savandurga, we come across the ruins fortress, which was built by the Kempe Gowda II and later occupied by the legendary Tipu Sultan, as told by the locals.
After reaching the top we had a a feeling of accomplishing, a sense of accomplishment. The view from the top was epic. You could see the mountain ranges on the one side and see the city on the other site.
We also came across veerbhadraswamy temple which is near to the savandurga hill.
it is a trek worth taking. If you are in Bangalore and you have a day to spare then you should definitely take this trek.
Here are few things to keep in mind while you trek savanadurga:
1. Prefer own vehicle, than public transport because the frequency of buses is not that great and you will have to change 2-3 buses to reach to the starting point of trek.
2. if you are new to the city or here as a tourist, then it is advisable not to go alone and take a local person with you.
3. Take good qty. of food and water.
4. Use shoes which have a good grip. There are points where the climb gets steep and you have to use the footholes made. And also u might come across water patches while trekking , try to avoid them, if you cant then take proper care while passing.
5.The yellow marking placed along the trail are helpful as they guide safely up to the peak.
6. Use google maps for directions.