As that one person who is not lazy to plan things, I got down to the details quickly and this was the itinerary.
• July 7: Hyderabad to Bangalore, 560 kms and ~8-10 hours travel time
• July 8: Bangalore to Coorg, 260 kms and ~6 hours travel time
• July 9: Chill and roam in Coorg, visit nearby waterfalls and other landmarks
• July 10: Coorg to Bangalore, maybe on an alternate route
• July 11: Bangalore to Hyderabad, the most boring leg as there is nothing to change here from the earlier leg
With this itinerary, we had a clear timeline and plan. However, like with any other itinerary and group ride, I knew that we are not going to stick with these timelines and this would become that much harder to handle as the group size increases. However, I made sure the itinerary included enough layovers and breaks so that we enjoy the ride and are in good shape when we come back to our regular life.