I have been living in Dubai since last 3 years. I can confidently say that Dubai is one of the ideal tourist destinations close to India. Here are the list of places/activities to help you enjoy Dubai to the fullest:
1. Desert Safari:
Desert Safari experience has to be on top of the list to truly experience the desert life. Activities here include - dune bashing, quad biking, bbq dinner, belly dance, sunset and falcon photography, shisha and camel ride.
Feeling adventurous? Stay overnight in a camp in the desert.
2. Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai:
No trip to Dubai can be complete without visiting the tallest free-standing structure in the world - Burj Khalifa. Take the conventional route and visit Burj Khalifa on the top to experience the height, winds and click some really cool pictures.
After you are done, you can grab few drinks at the Atmosphere bar - located a floor below the observation deck.
Do enjoy the Dubai Fountain show. To avoid the rush, you can view the Fountain Show from the boat or from one of the terrace restaurants in Souq Al Bahar (advance booking required to get a table with view).
Trivia: Emaar Properties is set to build Dubai creek tower taller than Burj Khalifa for the Expo 2020. Eiffel Tower in Paris was build for Expo 1889 Paris.
3. Fun Day at a Water Park:
Choose between Wild-Wadi Water Park in Jumeirah and Aquaventure Water Park in Atlantis, Palm Jumeirah. You cannot go wrong with either options. Aquaventure provides option of swimming with the Dolphins at an additional cost.
Dubai Mall and Mall of Emirates are definitely the two best malls to shop in Dubai.
The Outlet Village mall close to Abu Dhabi is also a good option to buy high-end brands at a discounted price.
5. Dining and Nightlife:
• Grab drinks in the evening at 360 degree in Jumeirah Beach Hotel which offers spectacular views of the ocean and Burj Al Arab
• Barasti Beach Bar and Club in Dubai Marina provides an option to party without the hassle of dressing up
• Club Boudoir in Dubai Marine hotel, Jumeirah has bollywood nights on Thursday and Saturday which are pretty good
• Pier 7 in Dubai Marina has 7 restaurants offering waterbody views. My favourite? - Asia Asia for dinner, Cargo for drinks and music, The Scene for easy-going environment, drinks and finger-food
• Go to Karama area for vast choices of pocket-friendly restaurants. Even JLT area now is booming with similar pocket-friendly restaurants with lake and park views in modern residential area
• Head to Cavalli Club in Fairmont, Trade Centre area or Provocateur in Four Seasons Resort, Jumeirah for clubbing with the best crowd in Dubai
• Date Night? Pierchic restaurant in Al Qasr hotel offers dining experience over the water. Al Mahara restaurant in Burj Al Arab also offers luxurious romantic dinner. Both are seafood restaurants and can be really heavy on the pocket. Also check-out Bateaux Dinner Cruise offering a set menu over a boat cruising through the creek area
• Friday Brunch scenes in Dubai are amazing. If you have got an extra day at hand, head to a Friday brunch from noon to early evening and spend the evenings enjoying happy-hours
6. Skydive Dubai:
Skydiving in Dubai gives an exceptional experience of skydiving over the Palm- Jumeirah. Do book in advance.
If you are staying in Atlantis then you can spend some good time at the private beach. Otherwise just drive through the area, enjoy coffee at the Boardwalk to experience this man-made wonder.
You can also head to Beach House in Anantara hotel to spend an evening overlooking the ocean
8. Beach-Time - JBR and Kite Beach:
The best beach to spend an afternoon is JBR beach. There are many restaurants right next to the beach.
The other good option is Kite Beach giving Burj Al Arab views. Here also there are many beach shacks right next to the beach