A traveller’s dream, a shopaholic’s heaven and family’s delight- it perfectly describes the city of Dubai. Thousands of travellers visit Dubai each year. And the number increases significantly in the months of December and January. The last week of December marks the opening of the famed Dubai shopping festival. The shopping festival is full of diverse activities, food, and shopping opportunities. It gives the city of deserts a whole new set of vibrancy.
Dubai Shopping Festival is the largest shopping festival clubbed with an entertainment extravaganza in the Middle East. Here, each and everything on your mind is available at heavily discounted prices. Shopping places in Dubai are not just restricted to malls; they include local hideouts and flea markets too. Sometimes, the discount goes up to a whopping 75 per cent.
WHEN: The shopping festival is happening this year from 26th December 2016 to 28th January 2016.
The below blog post will help you understand how to make the most of this festival:
Best things to buy:
If you fancy brands like Armani, Burberry, Prada etc. and Dubai shopping festival is the best place for you. Without burning a hole in your pocket, it allows you to shop for branded apparels.
Unique designs and cheap prices are some of the reasons why this shopping festival is known for buying gold jewellery.
Buy brands like Michael Kors at discounted prices.
Shop for amazing fragrance and that too duty free.
- Leather Bags and Jackets
The country is famous for its best quality leather. Stock up on some innovative and classy leather goods like one or two of Sharief, Jashanmal, Condotti, Burberry, or Prada.
- Home Décor
Head straight to Carpet Oasis where tons of colorful carpets cover all the possible floor space around. Some of them are available at 50 to 75 per cent discount!
Just the fact that Dubai is a land free of taxes is enough to attract gadget freaks to the country. Apple, Sony, Bose, Vertu, Cross Gold, Acer, Fujitsu – best brands and latest products are available at dirt cheap prices.
- Exotic Spices & Dry Fruits
Pick exotic dry fruits and aromatic spices like saffron or black cardamom which cost a leg and an arm here. The discounts won’t be much but the taste makes them worth it.
Tips and tricks to shop smart:
- The saying “The early bird catches the worm” goes perfectly well in case of the Dubai shopping festival. If you reach the stores early in the morning, you are sure to get your hands on some of the best stuff out there. As the day passes by, the store will start to get crowded thereby making it more difficult for you to shop in peace. Get currency exchange rates with currency convertor offered by various travel portals.
- So, there are a large number of stores in the shopping festival. And if you don’t know where to shop from, you will have a hard time finding the best stuff. Research well before going on a shopping spree. Online reviews or talking to locals will be of great help to you.
- Before you go to Dubai, avail a travel package online. Dubai packages will assist you all thorough your journey.
- Shop early,while others are still in bed. After all, you don’t want to miss the steal deal on your perfectly sized Jimmy Choo!
- Wear multiple layers of clothes, so that you can try on clothes over you skive or t-shirt. It is a smart way to avoid the never-ending queue for changing rooms.
- Know beforehand what will be found where. Research well before you roll.
- Exploit the sale.Don’t curb the urge to splurge. Look for good picks besides what you need immediately.
- If you want to make the most of your Dubai trip, apply for visa application and get 90 days visa.