Hi everyone, this is my first blog post however i have written and expressed my views on other forums and papers which i may post here later. This blog will contain precise details of my trip to Dubai (Jan 17- Jan 22 ,2016). I would also mention the major highlights and give the details how one can plan and book their tickets without any involvement of Travel Agents from their country.
I had booked my flight from Mumbai by Etihad Airways to Dubai since i was getting a good deal on to and fro tickets. It was later and few moments before the flight that i realized my flight was till Abu Dabhi and from their i would be boarding the bus to Dubai. ( Note to all those naive travelers “Etihad Airways” flies only to Abu Dabhi airport and not Dubai airport since its own by Abu Dhabhi government. On the otherhand Emirates flies to only Dubai).
Place of Stay In Dubai.
I had my booking at ” Al Manar Grand Hotel Apartments” (4 Star) , located in Bur Dubai area. The The Room charges start from 130$ (INR 8500 approx) for a one bedroom Suite. Rooms were amazing with good view of Dubai’s skyline. It also had Gym and a swimming pool. The services were prompt and good.
Few things i would like to mention about Dubai’s hotels is that the hotels in Dubai have check-in time of 2pm and check out time of 12 noon, so make sure you book your tickets accordingly else if you reach early they tend to charge you extra. Also just two half litre water bottles are provided for the day as complimentary rest if you need you have to buy. Also they are very overpriced at hotels, so buy from supermarkets outside. (@2 AED for 1.5L).
- Dhow Cruise: A boat ride with BBQ dinner. The ride is pleasant which tours around the middle of Dubai City where people could enjoy mesmerizing views and wonderful well lit architectures and buildings. It also contains few dance shows and interactive programs for the tourists. For tickets you could either book from your hotel and reach by taxi or even make online reservations.
- Dubai Desert Safari: The driver will pick from hotel at about 3pm and then its approximately 45-50 minutes drive from the City. It halts at a point where people could use washrooms, have light snacks and ride Quad bikes in the desert. After 20 minutes halt, the driver deflates the tyres a little and is all set for sand dunes. Trust me the ride is nothing less than a roller coaster if you really in the mood to enjoy. The driver than halts for sometime in the middle, where people could click pictures and watch the sunset. Its really beautiful. Then comes the last leg of journey, we are taken to camp where we are served light snack (pakodas for vegans and shorma roll for non vegans) with tea, cold drinks , juice etc. The program begins at the centre stage which consists of belly dancing, drum dancing(or so i like to call it), fire show, horse dance, etc. The dinner is served simultaneously while the performances continue. The is also provisions for Hukka and Alcoholic beverages but they are chargeable.
- City Bus Tours: The city bus tour begins around 10 am. Starting from the old heritage area known as “Shingdagha” where the first time around 800 people came from UAE and settled for the first time in Dubai has been depicted.
After this the bus passes thru The famous “Gold Souk” area where one could see many jewellery shops. The bus doesn’t stop here so if you want to shop, u will have to come by later in your free time.
The Bus then passes by the “Union house” entering Jumeriah area, the Jumeriah mosque, Dubai Zoo and then stops for a while at “Saga World” where people could see various artistic hand embroidery work of gold and even shop if they like.
After a halt of 15 minutes, we are taken to Jumeriah open beach. The crysal clear water, the white sand and enchanting view of Surroundings with Burj Al Arab hotel visible will completely leave you mesmerised. One can click pictures but to enjoy the water, they will have to come at their own leisure time. Remember the beach is open 24 hours.
After this, we are taken for a drive to the Palm Islands passing by the famous Atlantis Hotel.
- At The Top, Burj Khalifa : A ticket for which could be purchased online from the site “https://tickets.atthetop.ae/”. It takes you to the 125th floor from you could see whole Dubai. Also it has the fastest lift in the world which climbs 125 floor in 59 seconds.
- The Dubai Mall: Claimed to be presently the World’s largest mall, contains over 1200 brands outlet. The mall contains an underwater world and aquarium. there is also fountain show taking place every half an hour.
- Dubai Creek: A silent canal where one could enjoy boating or sit by the side in a restaurant and enjoy Hukka on a pleasant evening.
- Meena Bazar: The market for everything even for gold. The making charge in this area is slightly less than the Gold Souk area.
- The Gold and Spice Souk: The place to find the maximum designs and varieties of gold ornaments. Also you will find all kind of spices here.
- Global Village: Dubai Shopping Festival is held here only in the month of January. Companies and brands from around the world come here and are given different stall for each country.
Conclusion: There are many more attractions in Dubai and every 6 months some new things keep coming up. If you plan a trip, plan for minimum 5 days. Also i would recommend to stay in a budget hotel for rest of the days and on the last day book your room at “The Antlantis hotel” and enjoy and relish the facilities and services at the hotel.
For any queries regarding and booking travel feel free to write me and i Shall surely get back to you with all the knowledge in my capacity.
Any suggestions/corrections/feedbacks are welcome. Thanks for reading , will be back with more post till then Sayonara and take care.
This trip was originally published on 'smwritings'.