Trekking is a very great adventurous activity. The first thing that comes in our mind after we plan for a trek is what to pack?
Packing a backpack is not so difficult, you just need to carry things according to the season and type of a trek. Below is a List of All the Basic Essentials that you need to carry for a trek. You can add or subtract things as per your preferences.
1. A 50-60 ltr Backpack with comfortable shoulder straps & rain cover.
2. A small backpack for dayhike or short walks (if required).
3. A thick Walking stick (advisable for a summer trek but mandatory for a winter trek).
4. Tents/sleeping bags (optional/if recommended by trek lead).
5. Head/Hand Torch (with extra batteries).
6. One or two Water bottles.
7. Snacks (energy bars, dry fruits etc.)
8. Personal toiletries and medical kit.
9. Sun Cap/ Woolen Cap.
11. Two or more Trek Pants (Avoid denims, shorts or Capris).
12. T-shirts (Full sleeves).
13. Thermal inners.
14. One Wind & Waterproof Jacket.
15. Two Warm Sweatshirts.
16. A Pair of Trekking Shoes (Waterproof, high ankle with good grip).
17. Floaters/Flip flops (1 pair optional).
18. Cotton Socks/Woolen Socks.
19. Waterproof/Woolen Gloves.
21. Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Toilet paper, Sanitizer etc.
22. Anything else recommended by your Trek Lead.
"Let us know if you found this post helpful or if we can add any more essentials to this list." Happy Trekking ????