Part 1 : Abu Dhabi
Top To Do's in the city of Abu Dhabi:
Abu Dhabi was where my voyage in the middle east began. The Capital city of the UAE an island in the Persian Gulf. Abu Dhabi has its own charming skyline. An Arab city with a mix of the Arab culture, architecture and industries.
- Yas islands of Abu Dhabi was one of the first experiences of Abu Dhabi. A man made island Yas, is well connected to the airport. Yas island hosts several of Abu Dhabi's chief attractions including the Ferrari World. Other attractions in the Yas island include the Yas Beach, Yas Marina, Marina Circuit, Yas Mall and the Yas Water world. Fortunately we also got to witness the practice session at the circuit. There are free shuttle every 30 mins for the residents of the Yas island. There are a couple of hotels too in the Yas.
- The Ferrari World AD has the worlds fastest roller coster. No visit to Abu Dhabi could be complete with out riding in the Ferrari Roller Coster. Picture yourself with the range of Ferrari cars which are at display in the Ferrari world.
- Overindulge in the luxurious sights of the Emirates Palace. Typically called "beyond 7 star" this place is more than just a hotel. The famous 24 carat gold flakes cappuccino in Le Cafe at the Emirates Palace is worth a try. This place also has a gold ATM which dispenses close to 320 items.
- A visit to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque will help you acknowledge the beauty and indulge in the Arabic culture. Several unique elements make this mosque special. The carpet in the main prayer hall is the worlds largest hand woven carpet. This carpet was made by the Irani artist. It is important to observe the desired dress code at the mosque. The abaya's are available in the lower level of the mosque. They are offered free of charge. Do remember to carry an identity proof like the voter id or the international driver's license to get one.
- The Dhow Cruise - One should not miss the Dhow Cruise Experience and enjoy the mesmerising Abu dhabi skyline view while you sip your favourite drink. The Marina Mall and the Heritage Village close to the Marina area too are worthy of time. You could also visit the Tiara Revolving Restaurant in the Marina Mall and get the bird's eye view of the Abu dhabi Skyline.
The BigBus tour are great to explore Abu dhabi. These wifi enabled buses would take you all around the city at a nominal fare of 230 Dirhams a day (as on Jan 2016). You can choose to hop off the bus at any stop spend as much time as you like and hop in again when you like. The big bus ticket also includes the Dhow cruise ticket.