Ranipuram is a hill destination in the Indian state of Kerala. It lies in the Western ghats ranges of Kerala - Karnataka border. It is just adjacent to the hill ranges of Tala Kaveri, Karnataka. From the top of the Ranipuram hills, one can view the beautiful valleys of Tala Kaveri, Karnataka and also the valleys which lies in Kasaragod, Kerala. One can view the beautiful lush green mountains. You can take your vehicle almost to the top, i.e till the forest gate. From the forest gate, it's a 3kms trek to the peak. It will always be difficult for one to reach the peak, but once after reaching the peak the view is so beautiful that you forget all your struggle you took to reach the peak. You feel so relaxed.
1) From Bangalore - It's about 360kms from
( Bengaluru - Mysuru - Madikeri - Sullia - Paanathur - Ranipuram )
2) From Mangalore - It's about 110kms
(Mangalore - Kasaragod - Cherkala- Bethurpara - Kanathur - Ranipuram )
1) Mangalore Airport ( Karnataka) - 113kms
2) Kannur Airport (Kerala) - 110kms
➡️Nearest Railway stations 🚉
1) Mangalore junction station ( Karnataka state)- 113kms
2) Kanhangad station ( Kerala State) - 50kms
Frequent buses are available from Mangalore to Kasaragod. From Kasaragod, there are frequent bus available to Paanathur. From Kanhangad, buses are available to Rajapuram.
One can hire a jeep at the foothills of the peak and near Paanathur as well.
➡️Best time to visit the peak🏞️
Again this depends on you. You get to view the lush green view immediately after the monsoon, i.e anywhere between the month of July - December.
From the month of January- April, the Western ghats are generally semi- dry, anyways you will get a good view from the peak.
➡️Things to carry,
1) Trekking shoes - Quechua Trekking shoes @ Decathlon sports ( My choice )
2) small Bag pack - Quechua @ Decathlon sports (My choice)
3) Water bottle
4) small packet of salt/ Dettol/ Calcium carbonate to get rid of leeches ( Only if you are traveling in the month of July - August)
5) Energy drink if needed
➡️Things to note,
1) Trekking difficulty - 2.9/5
2) Parking charge for bike- 10₹ , cars - 40₹
3) Entry fee - 40₹ for adults
4) shops available for snacks and drinks at the entry
5) Peak entry timings -Opens at 9:30am - Closes by 5:30pm