I have put together some travel options for you to get from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
A ticket between Kathmandu and Pokhara roughly costs around 550 NPR. There are many companies plying this route; make sure you do your research and sign up with the one with the best safety equipment and record. It’s worth paying those extra bucks. Nepal’s terrain can be very treacherous.
Here are your travel options –
1) Normal Tourist Bus – These depart from The Kantipath at about 07.00 daily and take between 6 and 7 hours to get to Kathmandu and terminate at the Tourist Bus Park in Lakeside, Pokhara. You can buy your ticket from any agent or your hotel the day before. Cost approximately $5
2) Luxury Tourist Bus – Two main operators, Greenline and Golden – Prices around $12 to $18 with lunch included. They depart about 07.30 from their own garages near The Kantipath and terminate at the Tourist Bus Park in Lakeside, Pokhara. Buy your tickets from any agent or your hotel
3) Local Bus – These depart at varying times through the day (Including night services), cost about $3 but are slow and uncomfortable. They drop you in Pokhara Bazaar so you would have to get another bus or taxi into Lakeside where the tourist accommodation is located.
4) Micro-Bus / Mini-Bus - These depart at varying times through the day from where the road south (Muglin) branches off. Cost about $5. They take about 6 hours, they also drop you in Pokhara Bazaar so you would have to get another bus or taxi into Lakeside where the tourist accommodation is located
5) Private Car – These are best arranged through a trusted and reputable agent. Prices vary depending on the car as well as the time of year and costs around $120. This works out well if there are 2 or more of you.
6) Flights - If you are taking an internal flight, this also includes a Mountain Flight, you now have to pay 169.5 NPR Airport Tax, You have to buy this before checking in from a counter at the Terminal. Save yourself some time by buying it before you join the Queue. You would be surprised at how many people don’t then get to the front of the queue only to be turned away.