But as a pocket list of things to do, I can rattle off a few:
1. Most importantly, stop buying bottled water.
2. Carry a metal straw in your bag.
3. If you want take coffee with you, carry a coffee mug.
4. Re-use old plastic boxes—plants grow in just about anything
5. Grow a small kitchen garden at home. If you don’t have space, use pots on a rack next to an open window with sunlight. Don’t buy things you can easily grow.
6. Stop mindless gifting and refuse plastic wrap at the florist.
7. Dry a rigged gourd and use it as a loofah instead of the plastic ones.
8. Cook at home instead of ordering in. You’ll be shocked at the amount of plastic waste the latter generates.
9. Buy locally produced items as much as possible.
10. Keep a large sturdy reusable bag in the car. You never know when you need it.
Do you think you’ll ever move back to the metropolitan?
I don’t think I’ll ever plan that. But life takes its own course and I’m learning to follow.