Thanks to everybody who could manage to come on board and hence make the trip wonderful – 5 is always better than 2 :)
Some Rules for Visiting the Golden Temple
1. Removing your footwear outside the temple premises, there is a free shoe stand
2. Washing your feet in a small pool of water before entering the temple premises
3. Covering your head is mandatory for all irrespective of your gender, you may get the covering cloth outside the premises.
4. You may click the pictures, but no style or photo-shoots or extra smartness please
5. Clicking pictures inside of the main temple is prohibited
6. Dress appropriately
7. There is an Information Office, I visited this office first as I wanted to take advice – just so that I don’t end up doing anything that should not be done
We also ate Langar here. Harmandir Sahib runs one of the largest free kitchens in the world, serving almost 1 Lac people daily. There was bread, spinach vegetable and sweet rice – taste was good.
Accommodation Near Golden Temple in Amritsar
Anywhere you stay in Amritsar, it appears that Golden Temple is very near. Lets say, it is only about 1 km from the Railway Station, which is almost the City Center. As you can see, the infrastructure, the roads that lead to this place are bad. No diplomatic words here. They are not good at all, especially when you look at the popularity of the place and the number of visitors on a per-day basis.
And if you are in need of any hotel bookings, Enjoy Accommodations anywhere in Amritsar with Booking.com
Last Visited in November 2015
Trip first published o Fly with Shaunak