An enchanting beauty which can give you adrenaline drive and natural solace simultaneously. Sach Pass , at 4,420 metre height is situated in Pir Panjal range of the Himalayas in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh. It is linked with a Jeepable road which, however, remains in use for merely two months in a year due to adverse weather conditions. Though reachable from two sides, Killer and Chamba, your choice depends upon the adventure, experience and enthusiasm. We planned to take the roads from Dalhousie to have a silent talk with nature via Chamba to Sach Pass.
Dalhousie- Chamba- Bairagarh- Satrundi-Sach Pass - 150 Km
(Travel time -6 hours)
Basic things to keep in mind before start of journey:
• Do take woolens with you.
• Sach Pass is not commercialized by any means, so don’t be in assumption to hire woolens, boots or anything as witnessed in commercialized destinations such as Sonmerg and Gulmerg. Travelers can purchase woolens from local shops in Dalhousie or on the way to Sach Pass.
• Do take medicines, packed food and water bottles with you to avoid mountain sickness.
• Sudden rail falls are quite common, so be prepared!!!
• It is always the best to start early in the morning (5 - 6 am) as it takes the whole day to explore Sach Pass and return to Dalhousie.
Now the journey starts
The journey towards Sach Pass is as beautiful as the destination itself. Me and Anup, my husband, started the journey from the taxi stand of Dalhousie in the wee hours of the morning. The deodar tress and driving on serpent roads surrounded with beautiful mountains all around won’t let you fall asleep even if you wanted to be.