If you've read my previous blog, you know I am a sucker for long drives and road trips. But I was a trek virgin. I had never experienced it in my entire life. So my bestie took me to my first trek ever, to RAJMACHI FORT. One word for it - LIT. It is a 17km long walk from Lonavala Station to Rajmachi Point. And we had to wake up early in the morning (at 3:30 am to be precise) to begin our trip. With slippery ground and lots and lots of greenery, my first trekking experience was remarkable. So let's show you what exactly Rajmachi looks like. But before that, let's show you what all you need to take care of, before you start planning your trekking trip to Rajmachi fort.
P.S- Please check the last picture if you're planning to go to Rajmachi soon.
1) If you really want to enjoy your trip to Rajmachi fort, please plan it during the rainy season. I know, I know, lot of people say one shall not go on a trekking trip while it's raining, but I promise, a nice pair of trekking shoes will help. A lot.
2) As I mentioned earlier, a nice pair of trekking shoes would indeed be helpful.
3) Please carry a Hat/Cap/Scarf to cover your face (if it's not raining) because I swear the sun will damage your skin.
4) Carry good amount of water with you. I carried 4 litres of water and I am telling you- that helped.
5) Carry snacks. I carried half a kilo Pear (any fruit will do), a pack of chocolate cookies, potato chips and some candies.
6) Don't forget to carry Glucon D/ Electoral powder/ Enerzyl Powder. IT IS IMPORTANT.
7) Wear something comfortable. Of course.
8) Make sure you've booked the train tickets beforehand because you will be tired and will need a seat after the long day.
9) Also book a cab from Rajmachi to Lonavala station before you actually go trekking because I assure you, you will not be able to walk any longer.
10) Don't forget to have fun!
Here are some pictures from my Trek to Rajmachi fort