• Cuisine: Lebanese food. Shawarma’s here are to die for!!
• Pocket Confession: 90 bucks for a Shawarma…God cannot do anything better than this.
• Service: All they serve is with a deep heart felt smile!!
• Quick Tip: Instead of a dining in option, opt for a takeaway and stroll around enjoying incredible Taj views.
3. Mohammed Ali Road
The food experience in Mumbai cannot be complete without a visit to Md. Ali Rd. Chaotic roads and the wholesale marketplace where sounds get amplified and reflected back by the J.J. Flyover that envelops this food heaven. Navigate your way through crowded streets and crumbling buildings to find the hidden treasures of Mumbai. You have taxis (difficult to get during Ramzan evenings though) and buses running frequently through this street.
The gastronomical delights are elevated by the quintessential sweet mart Suleiman Usman Mithaiwala. Never miss the “Aflatoon” sweet found ONLY at this place during Ramzan month. This street has a flaring festive air in the holy month of Ramzan.
• Cuisine: Mughlai Food. Kebabs, Biryani, Nalli Nihari (a slow cooked chicken with thick gravy), Bheja fry etc. For your sweet tooth try Jalebi’s, Phirni (a rice sweet dish) and Malpuas (hot pancake dipped in sugar syrup)
• Pocket Confession: The road stalls will serve you best food at dirt cheap prices!!
• Service: Its ready and cooked right in front of your gleaming eyes
• Quick Tip: Try food at various stalls to taste the difference in the available plethora as most of the recipes have been passed down through generations.