On 21st November '2016, I attended the India International Trade Fair. For pictures, scroll down! I have attended the Trade Fair thrice before but I must say, thanks to demonetization, this year was a treat for visitors who do not enjoy highly over-crowded events! Of course, the traders do not share my joy but hey, I am seeing the glass half full! ;)
Well, my experience has taught me not to aim to cover the entire fair in one day, so I followed my strategy of exploring less but exploring well. I covered hall 18 (Foreign Participants + Food +Public Sector Undertakings & Government Departments), hall 14 (Indian art) & Jammu & Kashmir in detail & scanned through the others.
- The FOOD VARIETY available in Hall 18 & the free samples!
- Exciting offers & discounts on most products
- Opportunity to interact with people of different nationalities. I noticed how people from Turkey, Thailand & Srilanka were highly interactive, open & friendly whereas people from South Africa, Kuwait & Iran preferred to talk little & mingle less. Everyone was kind and generous anyhow, though they all were tough bargainers!????
- Collective presence of the essence of several countries in one place
- The best of each Indian state available at a glance, making for a mesmerising mini tour of India
- I took the blue-line metro & deboarded at Pragati Maidan metro station
- Tickets for IITF were available at Stall 1, Ground Floor, Pragati Maidan metro station
- Entry fee for Indian nationals is Rs. 50 each (adults)
- Pragati Maidan's gate no. 8 is 5 minutes away from the metro station exit
- Food courts within the Maidan's premises serve quality food & public toilets (no charges) are maintained well. Free drinking water is available at frequent distances.
- The Fair is open till 27th November'17
Check out the pictures below, as they can explain my experience of IITF-2016 the best! Click on the picture for an enlarged view. Caveat, I am not a pro at photography and do not own a good camera.
Hope you enjoyed!❤
Please reach out to me in case you need to know more!????