I was itching to go on a bike ride again and I was running out of options to ride to for a weekend getaway. I posted for suggestions on my Instagram page and a close friend of mine got in touch with me about a new homestay that we was developing in some property he owned deep in the forests of Coorg. When I asked for more information, he said:
1) "I can only share the location with you."
2) "I cannot give you the name and you don't need it since you'll meet me at my place first and I'll take you there."
3) "I'm not going to show you photos either."
4) "If you want to use your phone, charge your power banks. There is no electricity or light at any point whatsoever and that is the idea."
5) "... oh, and bring shoes! There won't be many leeches - don't worry - but there are snakes."
I asked him if we could get there by bike and after a brief hesitation, he said we could. I was a little worried about what to expect and why he hesitated about the bike; but - as usual - I challenged myself!