- Arrived Mata Vaishno Devi temple at 3:00 am after covering 12 km .
- Completed Darshan around 4:30 am
- Started journey to Bhairon Baba temple
- Returned journey started at 6:15 am
- Arrival at Katra around 10 am.
- Booked ticket for Chandigarh, boarded bus at 11 :30 am
- Reached Chandigarh at 8 pm, Monday.
Important points to know :
- Prepaid mobile SIM stops working once we enter the Jammu state
- Get yourself registered for pilgrimage as soon you arrive at Katra.
- To avoid tiredness and ignore the lengthy track, start your journey in night time so that you could reach at the top by midnight or early morning.
- There are lots of horses and palkiwalas to carrry the pilgrims who are unable or weak to walk the distance.
- Drink lots of water and juices to maintain the energy level.
- The trek is very good and wide enough, there are several shops throughout the way where pilgrims can buy eatables. The toilets and rest places are also well maintained.
- After arriving at the destination get a locker to keep your bags and belongings. The lockers are available within the temple premise. No bag, no phone, no camera, nothing except prasad is allowed to take with you inside the temple when going for main darshan.
The security is tight and there are various check posts throughout the route as well.
- Only 2-3 seconds are allowed for darshan of Mata ji inside the cave(gufa) due to large crowd.
- Visit Shiv gufa after Mata ji's darshan
- Then visit Bhairon Baba temple.
This was my journey and I just covered it within 30 hours. But most of us cannot cover this distance so fast so plan according to your capability and take proper rest to maintain the energy level of body. Several hotels and guest houses are available in Katra.
Happy and safe journey.
Jai Vaishno Mata ki.