Prabalgad Fort, also known as Muranjan and Pradhangad, It is located between Matheran and Panvel in the Indian state of Maharashtra, at an elevation of 2300 feet in the Western Ghats. Prabalgad is often confused with Kalavati, but they are two separate forts.It can be seen from the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
How to Reach by Car or Rented Bus From Pune to Kalavantin Durg or Prabalgad.
The Kalavantin Fort is located near Panvel ,Drive till Shedung Phata Panvel on old Pune express way Take a turn towards Thakurwadi Village .
By Local Transport.
Go to Panvel railway station From Pune.
11026 Pune Bsl Exp
12126 Pragati Express
22150 Pune Ers Sup Ex
11101 Kanhan Valle Express
Reach the state transport depot or hire an share autorickshaw till Thakurwadi village.
You can also get down at shedung phata an take an rickshaw till thakurvadi.
Food Arrangement at Kalavantin Durg or Prabalgad
Food is available on top of Prabalmachi (A base point where one can approach both - Prabalgad & Kalavantin Durg.)
Many Villagers offer homestay and campign option at Prabalmachi Village. you can get authentic maharastrian food. You need to order for you food before you go for the Kalavantin durg trek or Prabalgad trek as they take time to prepare the food.
Kalavantin Durg Best Time to Visit
Can be visited all year round but avoid in summer season(March and April).
Kalavantin Durg it is heavily crowded during monsoon seasons(June to August), reach as early as possible to avoid crowds and Start your track as early in The morning.
Things to Carry
1. Minimum 3-4 Litres of water Bottle (Mandatory),There is no source of water so carry atleast 3-4 litres there is an village located on the plateau where you can refill though would require an detour if you are planning prabalgad and kalavantin in same trek.
2. Torch with extra pair of batteries (Mandatory) ,if you are planning for trek early in morning around 4 am or in night.
3. Wear Trekking Shoes / Sports Shoes with good Grip (Mandatory)
4. Sleeping Bag / Carry mat and Shawl / Chaddar(Mandatory)
5. Some ready to eat food like Biscuits/Plum Cake etc.
6. Extra Pair of Cloths and Socks.
7. Personal Medicine if any.
8. Pack all luggage in Sack
Medium to Difficult